• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Personal Injury Attorney

Well if a lawyer who is probably definitely not at all self-interested thinks there’s a case then we are all absolutely fucking idiots.
If a lawyer agreed to take the case on a contingency fee basis (which is the arrangement for probably 99% of these cases), your “self-interested” comment is illogical.

Contingent fee case?

They’ll get the insurance company to settle quickly to avoid the legal expense of any sort of case and he will take his 1/3 plus expenses.

lionel-hutz-business-card-the-simpsons.png

Contingent fee case?

They’ll get the insurance company to settle quickly to avoid the legal expense of any sort of case and he will take his 1/3 plus expenses.
Or, it’s a legit plaintiffs lawyer who will actually work up the case in hopes of a larger recovery and thus a larger fee?

Contingent fee case?

Pretty much. Gonna see what insurance company will do first.

I sent you a PM, but who's the attorney?

Last edited:
Plot twist: wakelaw13 is the attorney !
Not licensed in SC! I just think there is a large misconception of what/how the business works, mostly as a result of decades of insurance lobbying against trial lawyers, and I like to push back a little.

Not licensed in SC! I just think there is a large misconception of what/how the business works, mostly as a result of decades of insurance lobbying against trial lawyers, and I like to push back a little.
It’s pretty easy to be admitted on a case-by-case basis. I saw this guy, Jerry Callo do it.

Yeah, it’s a little bizarre to think that a lawyer who gets paid nothing unless you win/settle would string you along. If anything, that lawyer is going to spend as little time on your free consultation as possible if you don’t have a case.

“Will get insurance to settle” is not the same as “has a legitimate claim/case.”

I had a much longer much darker response last night, but I’ll just say that in a prior life I did some legal work that was personal injury adjacent and there are some very unsavory aspects of that type of work.

I had a much longer much darker response last night, but I’ll just say that in a prior life I did some legal work that was personal injury adjacent and there are some very unsavory aspects of that type of work.
Well yeah. Lawyers.

Some years back my son literally tapped the back of another car in the after-school lineup, and he calls me to say he may have cracked the other guy's taillight cover; hard to tell b/c it was a POS '90 Bonneville. Son calls me and I get the other drive on the phone; nice kid, I tell him to take it to X body shop in town and I'll pay to have it replaced. The next day at school, my son gets called to the main office and there is the driver and his passenger both in neck braces, and they're filling an accident report with the school resource officer. It gets better: the driver's account filed with the ins. folks says he was driving and his passenger was next to him up front (correct), but the other guy who was interviewed separately said his cousin was riding shotgun and he was in the back seat, which led to his having more severe "injuries" to his back and neck. So obviously the whole thing was a scam which was now exposed, so we forgot about it...until a year later or so, in a casual phone conv. with my agent I asked "oh by the way, what ever happened with...?". She pulled it up, and turns out both guys got a settlement of $5K from the insurer to make it go away. Best she could tell, the imaginary cousin in the front seat got zero.

Back