• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PHDeac - what is our hoops bet again?

jaybone

Reaction score
And is Brevard an exhibition or not? I've heard both it is and it isn't.

Brevard is an exhibition. We always play an exhibition game before the season starts, first official game is Colgate on Friday the 8th.

It's listed as an exhibition on both the WakeForestSports.com schedule and Brevard's schedule.

Not sure how there was ever confusion here.

I don't think I have a bet with you. If you want to do one, I'll take the under on a .500 record.

I'll take the over on that. End of regular season or through post season?

well 1-1 is the best possible outcome, so i'd assume you want no postseason included?

hahaha "post-season" i thought he meant some sort of non-conference tournament whew

Haha I know, I just couldn't let it sit unnoticed.

Definitely. No postseason.

You wouldn't make this bet unless you thought we'd be more than one game over .500 so I don't know why you wouldn't want the postseason. You could theoretically gain more games than I could. Great deal for me unless we finish with 16 wins and a loss would get the push.

The sad fact is that we'll probably end up a game or two above .500 so Wellman, etc. can crow about improvement and historical competitiveness, whatever that means. I have to start mentally preparing now so my head won't explode when I read how squeaking out a winning record over the weakest possible schedule is something we should be happy about.

We didn't know how good we had it when we were pretty good.

It will be close. I think he has a smaller margin for error.

Back