• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PHDeac - what is our hoops bet again?

Ph got his PhD from Duke

and Jaybone - I wouldn't worry too much about TX. Sure there's a lot more guns, but when I lived there, I felt like race relations were light years ahead of NC

and DeacsorDie - I think it was just giving him credit for at least average general intelligence.

Thanks.

I'm not freaked out by the existence of racism, I'm. Freaked out by stand your ground and gun laws in those states

But I'll keep the boy out of NC too if y'all are crawling me it's just a sess pool of racism bile and narrow thinking

I think Bone is a relatively modest favorite here. Our non-conference schedule is an absolute joke. I think we go 16-15 or 17-14. We can get to around 14 wins just by beating teams worse than 100 on KP.

After last year, I'll believe more than 13 wins when I see them.

And since when does having a PHD in academia translate into knowledge about basketball/sports.
Note: not saying PH doesn't know anything about wake bball, for the record.

It doesn't necessarily, but the idea (that any BCS team could fail to crack .500 against this hideous schedule) is so ludicrous that its mere suggestions raises the prospect that whoever would argue it that lacks skills needed for basic human functioning. Despite a long and distinguish list of shortcomings, PhDeac is no troglodyte. It's a fascinatingly awful thought, yet not unreasonable under these facts. #thankswellman

When that schedule came out, it was the greatest indictment one could render about our coach's fitness for his current position. Nothing said on these pages comes within a country mile of the defamation practiced by the author of that schedule. I'm not sure that at year four, it isn't the most embarrassing thing that has happened during this beleaguered tenure. Nothing has made me miss Wake basketball more than that 'Wake basketball" [sic] schedule. I read it and wept. I showered compulsively until the tears ran dry. My grief counselor has started drinking heavily as a direct result. Ethiopia is now sending Wake basketball food. What I am saying is that we are not good.

And a PhD who wants Wake to be good* thinks we won't even go .500. I think he's wrong, but I am not completely sure about it. Unbelievable.

*cf. Some mouth-breathing Maryland troll or Statefanboy in the Raleigh media who thinks we just don't know our place and should be happy at 3-9 and on the C.B.I. Bubble.

Last edited:
The biggest racists I ever met were from Ohio & I lived in NC/SC my entire life.

If we're talking raw girth, the biggest racists are in Mississippi, just squeezing past their neighbors to the East. http://health.usnews.com/health-new...0-fat-states-where-obesity-rates-are-highest/

Nice to know that Ohio makes a run at it. Maybe there's a "good at football, bad at eating" correlation. North Carolina didn't make the top ten (again, football), but there's always next year.

Back