• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Gameday guys saying Notre Dame is locked in Orange Bowl and i thought i heard them say they would play Florida. But that’s not possible right?

Notre Dame can be in the Orange Bowl but as the ACC's opponent. It's sad that the Game Day analysts don't understand how that works.

If VPI wins today it’s tough to see Wake in the Orange Bowl IMO. Gonna be tough to be ranked anyways I think and then the winner of the game next week is 9-3 and ranked entering the ACCCG.

Pay some attention to the AAC games today. Memphis, Cincy, and SMU could drop out of the top 25 with a loss.

VT will be ranked in CFP this Tuesday. WF needed that game in Lane Stadium.

Yes. I liked the graphic they put up during the game. Louisville wasn't on the chart. We're basically even with VT and UVa on record and SOS. Both of them are going to get one more loss.

So I kept it on the ACC Network after the game and they have the Mark Richt, EJ Manuel, and the dumb woodhead from Clemson (I think) clown show. These freaking morons are saying that the Orange Bowl "would just pick Notre Dame before picking Wake Forest." How can you get a job as a talking head on the ACC Network and not have a clue how the main ACC bowl works. It's truly amazing how ignorant and embarrassing these guys are.

So I kept it on the ACC Network after the game and they have the Mark Richt, EJ Manuel, and the dumb woodhead from Clemson (I think) clown show. These freaking morons are saying that the Orange Bowl "would just pick Notre Dame before picking Wake Forest." How can you get a job as a talking head on the ACC Network and not have a clue how the main ACC bowl works. It's truly amazing how ignorant and embarrassing these guys are.

They just talked about coach of the year: Bronco, Dabo, Fuentes, and Satterfield discussed and no Clawson...

So, what do we need for the Orange Bowl berth? Obviously a win over Syracuse is imperative. Then UVa beat VT and then get blown out by Clemson in the championship game? Or would vice versa work as well? And then hope that some of the teams in the 15-25 range lose as well, as being ranked would eliminate the Orange Bowl gets to pick option. 25 SMU lost today, though they lost to Navy, who only has 2 losses, so perhaps they pop into the rankings (Go Army!). Okla St has to play Okla and Iowa St plays at Kansas St. Cincy and Memphis have to play, so hopefully one blows out the other. And then it looks like Cincy will play either Memphis/Navy in the championship game, so hopefully there will be some cannibalization there. So it is not unthinkable that a 9-3 Wake team can sneak into the top 25 by the time the championship games are done.

Official SIX WINS AND WE'RE BOWLING BUT WHERE?? Speculation thread

Blow Syracuse out and hope UVA/VPI game is 3-0 and embarrassing.

Almost certainly gonna be the Commonwealth Cup winner who goes. The winner will assuredly be ranked and I don’t think we will. They won’t lose much for Clemson blowout so we need to be ranked at 9-3 after next week to have a chance.

Blow Syracuse out and hope UVA/VPI game is 3-0 and embarrassing.

Almost certainly gonna be the Commonwealth Cup winner who goes. The winner will assuredly be ranked and I don’t think we will. They won’t lose much for Clemson blowout so we need to be ranked at 9-3 after next week to have a chance.

But if they are only ranked 23rd or something like that, they don't have to lose much to be unranked. The good thing is that there is a decent chance that the UVa/VT winner is just barely in the top 25, if they are ranked at all. If they were top 15, then yeah, a Clemson loss probably wouldn't totally drop them out.

Since we went up 17-13 on VT, they have scored 96 consecutive points. I think they will play Clemson and it wouldn't shock me if they gave them a game at least for a while.

I think there’s a good chance they’re both ranked this week. VPI for sure.

Yeah - I think VT sneaks into the top 25 this week. So I think a UVa over VT result is preferable. VT ends up 24 this week. Then UVa beats VT and UVa ends up 24. Then Clemson blows UVa out, and both VT and UVa are just on the outside of the top 25. But wait, who just snuck into the top 25? 9-3 WFU!!! Orange Bowl, baby!! Or probably more likely - UVa and VT both screw things up and end up unranked ... and Wake loses to Syracuse 35-34 as they give up 5 kick-off returns for TDs.

So I checked out the Sun Bowl and it's the 5th Pac-12 team.

[h=3]Pac-12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations[/h] A Pac-12 team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff.
College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected
1. Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
3. San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. Redbox Bowl vs. Big Ten
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
7. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Big 12

But here are the bowl eligible or potentially bowl eligible Pac-12 teams.

Utah 10-1
Oregon 9-2
USC 8-4
UW, WSU, Cal, ASU 6-5
Oregon State, Colorado 5-6 (but playing Oregon and Utah next week respectively)

Their bowl tie-ins are really bad aside from the Rose.

So I checked out the Sun Bowl and it's the 5th Pac-12 team.

[h=3]Pac-12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations[/h] A Pac-12 team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff.
College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected
1. Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
3. San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. Redbox Bowl vs. Big Ten
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
7. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Big 12

But here are the bowl eligible or potentially bowl eligible Pac-12 teams.

Utah 10-1
Oregon 9-2
USC 8-4
UW, WSU, Cal, ASU 6-5
Oregon State, Colorado 5-6 (but playing Oregon and Utah next week respectively)

Their bowl tie-ins are really bad aside from the Rose.

They aren't any worse than the ACC's. The Alamo Bowl is equivalent to (or even better than) Camping World, the Holiday Bowl usually has a ranked team, the Redbox/Sun/Las Vegas/Cheez-it are the same level as the Belk/Pinstripe/Sun/Music City

Who the fuck wouldnt go to a bowl game in Vegas?

Back