• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Not that it was a great game to begin with.

Either way, our tie-ins stink. I also think they are getting worse. I know we are getting the Fenway bowl which is another AAC matchup. I think we are also officially losing the Music City which was in the rotation.

What tie-ins would you rather the ACC have?

Do we at least take comfort in the fact that Florida will beat UVA by $texas?

Barring injury and/or indifference, MSU will represent the toughest defense on WF’s schedule other than Clemson.

Dixieboy is right on the seat location. At the Music City and Belk bowls each DC member ranked above me must have bought 50 tickets each.

I think that’s the path to wake selling its allotment unfortunately.

The bowl system really screws the schools anyway since their allotments are usually the worst tickets.

What tie-ins would you rather the ACC have?

The upgrades for next year are a start. The Holiday is definitely a good fit. What we really miss is having something with the prestige of the Peach Bowl since it was one of the 2 (with the Cotton) “regular” bowls that got snatched up to be a NY6.

People complaining about being in NYC right after Christmas and right before New Year's are fucking retarded. NYC is at its best that time of year. There is so much to do, and if you want a list I'll give you one. Also you can stay in a nice hotel in any area of Manhattan, and take a subway to the game. No driving, drink as much as you want, bring the family or don't, either way there are activities.

I think that’s the path to wake selling its allotment unfortunately.

The bowl system really screws the schools anyway since their allotments are usually the worst tickets.

This is true. Last year we got 50 yard line tickets from the bowl itself for half the price of the Wake tickets which would’ve been god knows where with our lowly DC status.

People complaining about being in NYC right after Christmas and right before New Year's are fucking retarded. NYC is at its best that time of year. There is so much to do, and if you want a list I'll give you one. Also you can stay in a nice hotel in any area of Manhattan, and take a subway to the game. No driving, drink as much as you want, bring the family or don't, either way there are activities.

I’m complaining about the opponent, not the location.

Why? No one will remember it was 6-6 MSU. Just MSU. Who would you want it to be?

At least a 7-8 win team from a major conference. 8 wins is big for us and it still feels like we are going to a minor bowl game that no one will remember. Even if we win this game then we still didn’t beat a team over .500.

Who cares? I think A&M was 7-5 when we played them, but it doesn’t matter. Give me a winnable game vs Mich St instead of probably losing to a team like Utah.

Who cares? I think A&M was 7-5 when we played them, but it doesn’t matter. Give me a winnable game vs Mich St instead of probably losing to a team like Utah.

We were also 7-5 so that’s fine.

I also didn’t say we should be playing a Top 10 team like Utah.

if we had played Notre Dame instead of any of our other OOC opponents, we'd be 7-5

so in that case it would be acceptable to play MSU?

I know. Just making a point that playin a 6-6 team makes for a very winnable game.

Back