• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinterest

Pinterest, what say you quad

• For girls and guys

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • For girls and gheys

Votes: 57 68.7%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I should neg rep you for wasting my time

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters
And yes it's for girls. It's definitely for girls. And gheys.

Yet another forum for women to judge the shit out of each other.

One thing I've noticed is that the level of cooking has been stepped up a notch in my circle of lady friends.

Apparently they get all the recipes from pintrest.

One thing I've noticed is that the level of cooking has been stepped up a notch in my circle of lady friends.

Apparently they get all the recipes from pintrest.

i've definitely been venturing out more since being on there. i'm not sure that it's necessarily any fancier, but there's a much wider variety in recipes now.

just started following you, and while certainly not the healthiest thing you've pinned, those buffalo chicken enchiladas look AMAZING.

Um, I LOVE Buffalo chicken anything, so I swear the first 5 recipes I posted were all something Buffalo sauce related :thumbsup:

Um, I LOVE Buffalo chicken anything, so I swear the first 5 recipes I posted were all something Buffalo sauce related :thumbsup:

i'm with you. i love anything and everything buffalo chicken. and i noticed you had quite a few buffalo recipes :)

i'm with you. i love anything and everything buffalo chicken. and i noticed you had quite a few buffalo recipes :)

...for some strange reason, my head immediately started singing the "myyyy heart's a stereo!" but instead of stereo, i said 'buffalo'.

"MYYYYYY HEART'S A BUFFALOOOO!"

:confused:

I made some sweet buffalo chicken crescent roll pouches a few weeks ago (not from pinterest) they were mmmm!

took canned chicken (but could have been shredded up chicken breasts), added about 8 oz, softened cream cheese, 6 TBL Franks regular,3 TBL Franks Wing sauce (spice up or down to your liking), 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles...mix it all up, roll out crescent roll dough and I made rectangles (so put together 2 crescent rolls) and then filled with the filling, folded up and baked (about 5 min. longer than it says on the package for the rolls...pillsbury's recipe makes smaller balls and brushes with butter and rolls in panko...I did the butter and panko but don't think it was necessary for enjoyment.

Oh yeah, those are easy. ex-Cookouttoy has done those a couple times (once for a grassy knoll tailgate).

Can someone explain how this works, how do you "get recipes" in a different or easier way than say google?

Oh man anything rolled up in a crescent is where it is AT.

I found a recipe for breaded zucchini sticks with a sweet onion dip that I cannot WAIT to use once they're in season!

Can someone explain how this works, how do you "get recipes" in a different or easier way than say google?

it's not that you couldn't get these recipes through google (in fact, since they all come from webpages, you would absolutely be able to get them through google). it's more just the ease of getting them. they're all tagged with a picture, so it's easy to find something that LOOKS good, then you can click on it to find the details.

also, if you and a certain friend and/or random person on pinterest seem to have similar tastes in food, it helps because they're basically telling you all the recipes that THEY would like, so you could assume that you'd like the same one. like now that i know that ladydeac loves buffalo chicken as much as i do, i will be following her recipes board to see if she posts any more stuff.

so it doesn't really do anything that you couldn't do before. it just makes it easier.

When people ask I try to explain it like bookmarking with pictures? Like instead of bookmarking the name of the website it bookmarks as a picture (one from the page that you get to choose) so you have a bunch of pictures that you can click on and it brings you right to the source.

When people ask I try to explain it like bookmarking with pictures? Like instead of bookmarking the name of the website it bookmarks as a picture (one from the page that you get to choose) so you have a bunch of pictures that you can click on and it brings you right to the source.

right, but the other big thing is that you can see other people's picture bookmarks. so if only one person has pinned a certain recipe, it may not be all that worth it. but when 1395013598 pinned the mini cinnamon rolls, i couldn't help but try them. and it was sooooooooooo worth it.

It may be geared towards women but I actually just read this morning that 3 guys founded the company.

it's not that you couldn't get these recipes through google (in fact, since they all come from webpages, you would absolutely be able to get them through google). it's more just the ease of getting them. they're all tagged with a picture, so it's easy to find something that LOOKS good, then you can click on it to find the details.

also, if you and a certain friend and/or random person on pinterest seem to have similar tastes in food, it helps because they're basically telling you all the recipes that THEY would like, so you could assume that you'd like the same one. like now that i know that ladydeac loves buffalo chicken as much as i do, i will be following her recipes board to see if she posts any more stuff.

so it doesn't really do anything that you couldn't do before. it just makes it easier.

This is exactly how I was explaining it to my husband last night (after I'd told him about 2 recipes I'd pinned, one of which I'll be making in the slow cooker this week).

Back