• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Camping Thread

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Let's talk about camping, backpacking, and generally being outdoors for a long time

My spot tonight

2a8ltok.jpg

Near Shenandoah

Got some good ones coming up: Grayson Highlands, Mossy Gap, Rhododendron Gap

I miss camping and backpacking. Got some great gear rotting unused in the basement.

Am pumped about a 2 night trip with some friends in July. Haven't been since moving back to PA.

I'm doing a 28 mile one day hike in October to raise money for Make A Wish - this is my 3rd time doing it. Good times. Day hiking is def my speed.

I need to get a new tent soon - my old ones are both died. I got a great sleeping hammock for my birthday - looking forward to a chance to use it!

Ocracoke on the beach is prolly my favorite.
Kerr Lake on the NC/VA border has some nice spots.

when is the best time to camp on the outer banks and avoid crowds and shit weather? may/october?

I like camping. I hate feeling dirty though.

Ergo, I don't camp much.

i don't like feeling dirty, either, but it's liberating when you get the point where you're like fuck it, i'm camping.

"I don't like feeling dirty" --- what kind of snowflakes are you? Remind me to scratch you off my apocalypse team.

Pretty much one of my favorite things is sitting in a camp chair, staring at a fire, and sipping whiskey.

Man, I fucking love camping. Not sure I'll get to spend more than a couple of nights in a tent this year, unfortunately.

Yep, I really enjoy sleeping outside. As the weather warms up I think I'm going to do a couple "5 to 9" camping trips. Leave work, drive an hour out of town, throw the tent out the back of the car and camp that night, then head back to work in the morning (there are showers at work).

Back