• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Camping Thread

"I don't like feeling dirty" --- what kind of snowflakes are you? Remind me to scratch you off my apocalypse team.

Pretty much one of my favorite things is sitting in a camp chair, staring at a fire, and sipping whiskey.

Indeed.

Was she ever single. It went from J, lusting after pizza man, dropping J like dead weight, pizza man.

"feeling dirty" seems necessary to the experience of camping - if you take steps to remove this feeling - bringing a portable shower, sleeping in an RV - are you camping?

I don't think you can hate "feeling dirty" and truly love camping.

you have to love all aspects and ramifications of an activity to truly enjoy it? dumb

you have to love all aspects and ramifications of an activity to truly enjoy it? dumb

Not really a fair restatement of my position. I said the quality of feeling dirty was necessary to a camping experience. I'm more focused on the paradox here than the idea that you have to love something fully to enjoy it.

Seems weird to hate such a feeling but love camping - especially when it's central to the experience. I don't believe that you either hate getting dirty or love camping. Seems irreconcilable to me.

I'm also just being a dick.

I dunno? There are times when I've been single, by choice, and that's fine. It's not like I can't handle being alone or NEED someone else around. In general, though, I prefer experiencing things with other people, and when I get to know anyone (male, female, friend, suitor) I'm a pretty open book. That lends itself to getting pretty deep into a relationship relatively quickly. The idea of dating and forging a bunch of semi-shallow relationships simultaneously in hopes that one 'develops into more' sounds terrible to me. I'd rather jump ALL IN on one thing and determine more quickly whether or not it's going to work.

to each their own :noidea:

Not really a fair restatement of my position. I said the quality of feeling dirty was necessary to a camping experience. I'm more focused on the paradox here than the idea that you have to love something fully to enjoy it.

Seems weird to hate such a feeling but love camping - especially when it's central to the experience. I don't believe that you either hate getting dirty or love camping. Seems irreconcilable to me.

I'm also just being a dick.

weird, being dirty is not central to my camping experience, except for a few hiking slips/falls.

yeah, I can't say I ever feel especially 'dirty' when I camp, especially if it's only for a couple nights... I'm not one who feels the need to shower immediately upon waking or after completing something sweaty, though, either (I mean I do eventually shower, but some people are like "I'm done mowing. Must. Bathe. Now.").

I could handle the apocalypse. That's not an option like camping is.

I could handle the apocalypse. That's not an option like camping is.

nah, you're off the list. 2 days in, you'd be reminiscing about 'back when we had showers' and I don't want that kind of negativity on my team.

my 'hatred' is at home when i feel grimy even though it's just the day's sweat and dust and feel like i need to get a quick shower before bed.

when camping, you can just ignore this low-level grime but i wouldnt say it's a big part of what makes camping great

"I don't like feeling dirty" --- what kind of snowflakes are you? Remind me to scratch you off my apocalypse team.

Pretty much one of my favorite things is sitting in a camp chair, staring at a fire, and sipping whiskey.

Get on my level.

nah, you're off the list. 2 days in, you'd be reminiscing about 'back when we had showers' and I don't want that kind of negativity on my team.

Oh, I'm not going all the way to Oregon to save you. We're keeping it east coast.

Back