• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Camping Thread

Car camping
Backpacking

Both camping
Both different

Jesus people

Camping used to be one of my things. Still like backcountry hammock camping but when the kids came we moved to car camping, then camper camping, and now I have teenagers and a really sweet camper (Fleetwood E3) that doesn't get exercised. I can imagine using it in the future so I am ambivalent about selling it. I am in the mountains most weekends so that's good - but the comforts of a modest cabin make it tough to sleep outside. #humblebrag.

Fire pit in the backyard scratched the itch for tonight. With two baby monitors on extension cords nearing the limits of their range.

But at least I'll smell like ass in the morning now, which evidently is the whole point

I should write a song about those peaceful quiet moments watching the last logs burn down into coals while listening to the deer rustle through the woods and savoring your last beer in the absolute darkness. Think I'll call it "Lick My Love Pump"

I should write a song about those peaceful quiet moments watching the last logs burn down into coals while listening to the deer rustle through the woods and savoring your last beer in the absolute darkness. Think I'll call it "Lick My Love Pump"

I'm going to hope alcohol was a contributing member of this post.

Has anyone been to Banff/Glacier in late August/early September? We're going camping for two weeks in those areas and I'm trying to figure out if need to bring more cold gear than a light jacket.

Has anyone been to Banff/Glacier in late August/early September? We're going camping for two weeks in those areas and I'm trying to figure out if need to bring more cold gear than a light jacket.

RIP JManslow

2a7e8d05b10938177edc3f49b361ebac.png

Lost Creek Wilderness
Burn Recovery Spread

With the wife being pregnant, we can't dive too deep as I need to mule her water in with us. This spot is stunning due to the burn contrasts. Looking forward to it.

The drive up from Boulder to Nederland in the distance of that map is p stunning, discdude. That canyon road is amazing.

Camping used to be one of my things. Still like backcountry hammock camping but when the kids came we moved to car camping, then camper camping, and now I have teenagers and a really sweet camper (Fleetwood E3) that doesn't get exercised. I can imagine using it in the future so I am ambivalent about selling it. I am in the mountains most weekends so that's good - but the comforts of a modest cabin make it tough to sleep outside. #humblebrag.

How does the Fleetwood E3 do in the rain? Is it waterproof? We went car/tent camping in Brevard last weekend and noticed a popup camper that looked like it was taking in a lot of water.

We used to do back country camping, now car camping, but with the 2 ankle-biters (3 and 8), I was thinking more of a popup camper but my wife wants something bigger, which I don't particularly want to lug around.

Back