• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Film Club - The Apostle (1997)

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
I purposely started a new thread from the Pit’s Film Discussion so that people who have tuned that out would take a look. I know the book club failed pretty quickly but it is a lot easier to watch a film in a specific time frame than read a book. Here are the guidelines I’m thinking about (obviously open to suggestions):

1. The film must be on Netflix Instant. I know there are other streaming sites out there but Netflix is the most popular and therefore more people have a good way of watching a streaming movie from Netflix than other providers.
2. It has to be a film that you would bet less than 33% of the Pit has seen. We don’t need to use this to revisit Forrest Gump. I was tempted to put in a minimum metacritic/rotten tomatoes score but that doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of a film club.
3. Starting on the “release day” the thread should be considered to contain spoilers. I will update the thread title to reflect the new film chosen so people can completely avoid spoilers.
4. I will select the first film and then I will choose the person that I think added the most to the discussion to choose the next one. That person will then choose the next person and so on and so forth. I’ll reserve the right to deny a movie (only if I think it breaks the 33% rule, not if I’ve seen it and don’t like it or anything like that).
5. We pick a scoring system and have everyone give each film a score. We can track the best/worst films in the esteemed opinion of the pit. I’m partial to a 0-5 stars scale but again, open to suggestions.

What do you guys think? I already have a first film in mind but I’ll wait and see if there is any interest in this first.

Films:
The Comedy (2012) - average star rating - timdunkandthefunk

Last edited:
Love this idea.

Would be ideal if its on Redbox but I can also get access to the Netflix.

Btw, just finished Flight today w/ Denzel. Kinda meh, they ruined the movie w/ the trailer but the plane scene was cool and Denzel was Denzel.

In. Also, I think the 0-5 scale works well for an overall list.

I would love it. I sit up late watching odd movies, and then nobody to discuss with since others keep normal hours and no time for flicks like the ones I watch.

Alright, I think we have just about enough.

I picked a film from just last year that I had wanted to see and just popped up on Netflix Instant.

The-Comedy-Soundtrack.jpeg

We'll start the discussion today (I know WakeFanatic has seen this as it was in his top 10 of 2012. Sorry WakeFanatic but avoiding overlap with you is going to be tough sometimes).

I echo what MDMH said. Nonny, I can hook you up if you need any help.

Back