• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Film Club - The Apostle (1997)

why do we rank in half point increments up to 5 vs. just 1-10?

My pick is "The Apostle" (1997)

If too many people have already seen it I will pick another film

Saw The Apostle in the theater when it came out. Can't believe that was 15-16 years ago. Good grief.

I haven't seen the Apostle but it seems like I might be in the minority. Let's have a few more people weigh in and then we can decide if mydeaconmyhand needs to pick again.

Haven't seen it either. Thought so at first, but I had it confused with The Saint with Val Kilmer, from the same year.

I saw it in my FYS at wake in spring 2003. I'll go for it again though.

Alright, people either haven't seen it or haven't seen it in 15 years so we'll go with it. Thread titled updated, hopefully people get a chance to check it out and start the discussion soon!

Yeah this has been one on my list for a while, so this is a good excuse to go ahead and hit the play button on it.

I recall that it was a good film. Duval is always solid. Dude is one of the finest actors of his generation. It also has some crossover cast from Sling Blade, IIRC.

I have t had a chance yet as iv was out of town. I could probably get to it this weekend though.

Back