• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fishing Thread

I think you can call it either a bream or a sunfish and be correct.

I use both interchangeably.

Anyone in the W-S area interested in some rods/reels? My dad once had a tackle shop and his hobby is repairing rods and reels. He's got a few hundred that he's wanting to sell. Light tackle all the way to stiff surf rods and reels. Let me know and I can get some specifics.

Went out on a six hour wade trip through Vail Valley Anglers on the Eagle River in Colorado on Saturday. Great trip. Phenomenal day.
They are the best outfitter for that part of the state IMO. Glad you had a good day out!

I use both interchangeably.

Anyone in the W-S area interested in some rods/reels? My dad once had a tackle shop and his hobby is repairing rods and reels. He's got a few hundred that he's wanting to sell. Light tackle all the way to stiff surf rods and reels. Let me know and I can get some specifics.
I might be. Send me a list?

Sunset Beach…the one on the far end is a citation speckled trout…

View attachment 6315
What a haul!!

Looks like you were on the ICW with live shrimp on bobbers? I’ve always heard the trout bite is best at sunrise.

The one on the far end is massive, it doesn’t even look like a trout!

What a haul!!

Looks like you were on the ICW with live shrimp on bobbers? I’ve always heard the trout bite is best at sunrise.

The one on the far end is massive, it doesn’t even look like a trout!

Yep…ICW and adjacent waters. And you’re exactly right about the bait and method. That mammoth trout was the first bite and catch of the day, headed out at 7. We’re getting it replicated/mounted. It was a great day of fishing!

Nice. Mt dad sent this today from Emerald Isle. He said 3 were citations, but didn't specify which.
Wow!!

Citations are probably the two in the top right and the yellow one in the middle.

What is the magical bait in the green can?

Back