• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics: Pit's Got Talent

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
Pit's Got Talent

Think that you're better at telling jokes than rj? Did you learn guitar in 7th grade to make up for your shortcomings in talking to girls? Do you sing in the shower and don't mind a little exhibitionism? Do you think you can dance better than this guy:

This is your event!

Anchoring the final week of the Olympics is going to be the Pit's Got Talent talent show.

Each country must choose one representative to record his/her talent and email it to pitolympics@gmail.com. All talents will be uploaded to youtube by the council and posted on the event thread during the last week of the Olympics.

Guidelines for acceptable submissions:

1) Videos must be new recordings. As such, each video must be introduced by the contestant saying "This is [board name] competing for [country]"
2) Videos must not exceed 3:00. No video exceeding this length will be accepted.
3) Videos must be received by the Olympic committee by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, June 13th. No videos will be accepted after this deadline (no matter what time your computer says)
4) Videos will be judged by a panel based on creativity and skill.
5) Videos become the public property of the boards upon submission, with full rights to re-post granted to all
6) Any use of performance enhancing drugs, while not technically illegal, is frowned upon
7) Other people may be appear in the video, but it must be clear the the talent is of the poster alone and only the part played by that poster will be judged.

Last edited:
Video 1:

Judges Comments:

Really great song but visually I need something more interesting then sheet music. You should have made a slideshow of the hot guys contest to play in the background.

oo cool for snark. Well done.

Video 2:

Judges Comments:

I should deduct a point for the grainy video but I understand you are probably using a Thinkpad.

I don't even ... I don't even. In theory, I want to reward the creativity of coming up with rap lyrics, as it reminds of a simpler times on The (e-) Quad. In practice, that grating voice is still rattling around my brain. This was the Miami Heat of entries: on paper, it should've crushed. And then it didn't. . . .(and then a subsequent comment). . . dock Greece's score to [score]. I honestly can't get that terrible noise out of my brain.

Video 3:

Judges Comments:

Hey, he can play an instrument! That's talented. He also somehow made that song more emo than it normally is. Not so sure if that's talented, but it's something. Bonus point for wearing red sunglasses to project the Party's message.

So this is how you get the ladies. OMG. Move over Vad, the Pit has a new heartthrob.

Video 4:

Judges Comments:

Who says earnestness is dead? I enjoyed this. I also enjoyed the computer/vacuum chord in the background, for different reasons.

Solid rendition and you looked lovely doing it!

I'm not gonna lie though, Arbys makes sex to my ears. Should probably be good enough for silver behind Johann Sebastian BDer.

I found an old cd my friend recorded and it is amazing how much better your voice sounds when it is recorded properly. I tried to emulate Kanye's obnoxiousness, but i guess it didn't fly.

I found an old cd my friend recorded and it is amazing how much better your voice sounds when it is recorded properly. I tried to emulate Kanye's obnoxiousness, but i guess it didn't fly.

I liked it. I really did like all of them. Good idea for the other teams to not submit, because there is no way they were top 4.

Are all of the other points going to be distributed to the 4 teams that submitted?

I'll say, based on judges comments

1. Dash
2. Arbys
3. Bder
4. Me

Back