• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics- The Roast REVEALED

Interesting results. I thought Poland's was really funny but not very mean (not going to complain about that, though!) and then the silver and bronze were pretty mean.

I think in general, we tried to be funnier than mean, and it paid off. Being mean led to being funny for other teams, we just approached it differently.

Yeah, got it. I like the comment "reminds me of bad standup" as a negative. Ever seen a roast?

The Roasters REVEALED:

Australia roasting Poland
China roasting Fiji
Fiji roasting Oklahoma
Germany roasting China
Greece roasting Australia
Oklahoma roasting Greece
Poland roasting Rome
Rome roasting Germany

Phew. I'm glad you revealed who roasted which country! The suspense was killing me.

Also, Judges #1 and #3 are clearly massive vaginas that were home schooled.

Great job team Greece, had to say it was a total team effort. I was on the "make it meaner" side but I'm glad it balanced out.

I think that our roast lived and died by how they reacted to the DV7 portion, because he absolutely had to be hammered if there was any chance at a high grade. Luckily "he doesn't give a shit, it's all stupid anyways" so I didn't think we had to show any mercy.

lol. I mean a roast is supposed to be mean and offensive, right? Maybe I didn't get the memo.

Yes and no. You poke fun, but there's an underlying level of respect at most roasts I've ever seen, as in, you're important enough for a bunch of people to get together and talk about you, certainly a fallacy you had to get past in this competition. Being mean for being mean's sake wasn't as effective as being mean for being funny's sake, if that makes sense at all.

Interesting... definitely didn't expect Poland's roast to win. I thought our lbe line alone was good enough for a medal.

Yes and no. You poke fun, but there's an underlying level of respect at most roasts I've ever seen, as in, you're important enough for a bunch of people to get together and talk about you, certainly a fallacy you had to get past in this competition. Being mean for being mean's sake wasn't as effective as being mean for being funny's sake, if that makes sense at all.

really? The ones I have seen are Aristocrats level over-the-top disgusting at the expense of the participants.

really? The ones I have seen are Aristocrats level over-the-top disgusting at the expense of the participants.

I think you are misunderstanding townie's commentary on the context of those roasts.

Who respects Flavor Flav? Or however you spell that idiot's stupid name.

Back