• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics- The Roast REVEALED

Getting the silver medal with an average finish of 3.25:

GREECE ROASTING AUSTRALIA

2008-8-23-11-35-7-0232c8a6810e4abf95eb6ffe8509b760-0232c8a6810e4abf95eb6ffe8509b760-2.jpg

And with the Gold medal, sweeping the judges with an average finish of 1st place:

POLAND ROASTING ROME

beijing-gold-medal.jpg

RESULTS:

Poland- GOLD 13 points
Greece- SILVER 10 points
Australia- BRONZE 7 points
Germany- 4th, 5 points
Rome- 5th, 4 points
China- 6th, 3 points
Fiji- 7th, 2 points
Oklahoma- 8th, 1 point

Judge 1: Roast #, first to last

Last edited:
Judge 2 (listed by the country being roasted):

First off, this was hard. First and last were pretty clear, but the mid-pack was pretty hard to rank.

1. Rome: head, shoulder, and penis analogies above the competition. far and away the best roast. didn't disappoint on high value targets, great use of visual aids. nice work.
2. Poland: consistent.
3. China: nice lead roasting the actual country and enjoyed the vagina talk.
4. Australia: tough call this was a good one but somebody has to go in the middle.
5. Germany: the lbe roast carried the day here. the only noteable part, but it was outstanding.
6. Cherokee: so many missed opportunities with that lineup.
7. Fiji: reminds me of bad standup.
8. Greece: what the fuck was that.

Last edited:
Judge 3:

These are ranked by Roast of...

Winner:

Roast of Rome (only entry with more than one funny joke. Pictures plus the peach turtleneck line sealed it)

Second Place:

Roast of China (points for meanest tone, but overall only one funny joke regarding 08 self smelling her vag for lawsuit evaluation)

Third Place:

Roast of Germany (the LBE CIM joke was funnier than anything the roast of China had, but they get edged out for not being mean enough)

The nex group were almost all equally pathetic, but here is how I ranked them:

Roast of Australia
Roast of F1J1
Roast of Poland
Roast of Cherokee

Roast of Greece (this was by far the worst, a poem? kill yourselves.)

Judge 4: Roast #, first to last

Last edited:
JDawg, how does finishes of 6th, 6th, 8th, and 4th give us last place? I am a bit confused by your scoring here. We should be 6th.

Last edited:
Even if Judge 2 gave us 8th (which would be a silly way of that person presenting the results), that would still put us in 7th, not 8th overall.

JDawg, how does finishes of 6th, 6th, 8th, and 4th give us last place? I am a bit confused by your scoring here. We should be 6th.

Even if Judge 2 gave us 8th (which would be a silly way of that person presenting the results), that would still put us in 7th, not 8th overall.

You would be Oklahoma roasting Greece, Roast #5

Judge #1 ranked you last
Judge #2 ranked you last
Judge #3 ranked you last
Judge #4 ranked you fourth

They didn't know who roasted who, just the roaster. That's where you may be confused.

Interesting results. I thought Poland's was really funny but not very mean (not going to complain about that, though!) and then the silver and bronze were pretty mean.

phan, you had the lowest average score.

You would be Oklahoma roasting Greece, Roast #5

Judge #1 ranked you last
Judge #2 ranked you last
Judge #3 ranked you last
Judge #4 ranked you fourth

They didn't know who roasted who, just the roaster. That's where you may be confused.

How did judge one rank us last? It looks like they ranked us 6th.

You were roast number 5. See that five in the last spot? That means it was ranked last.

Oh geez, that is a silly way to report rankings. My apologies.

Ah, you updated the instructions on Judge 2's submission. That makes more sense.

I was confused too. The number is the actual number of the roast and they are listed in order of ranking. NOT the top number=roast one and the number written=the rank, which is what I think phan thought.

And Phan, his way of doing it makes way more sense than the way we interpreted it now that I realize it.

Judge #1 and Judge #4 are presented in the exact same manner, you understand the presentation by judge #4 but not by judge #1

confused.jpg

Judge #1 and Judge #4 are presented in the exact same manner, you understand the presentation by judge #4 but not by judge #1

Because if you look at judge four, what would be the 'Fifth submission' (Oklahoma) still got fourth place, if you look at it from my perspective. So, JDawg, when you explained that we got fourth, my perspective was vindicated. Make sense now?

Back