• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Fuck. Anyone got any good dog news?

mJRa4GD.gif

rN6IVrA.gif

OxqDmUK.gif

CrkSWn0.gif

R9ovCJh.gif

good news! jack's bloodwork came back clear and he's doing much better. he'll be on some pain/anxiety meds for the next week or so, but as far as diagnosable things go, he's good to go.

WHEW.

good news! jack's bloodwork came back clear and he's doing much better. he'll be on some pain/anxiety meds for the next week or so, but as far as diagnosable things go, he's good to go.

WHEW.

Excellent news!

I'm sorry, I may have asked you this before, but have you guys tried the ThunderShirt for Jackson? It helps our dog Myles a ton. He has sever anxiety with thunderstorms and fireworks (to the point where we also have xanax for him if it gets really bad). The ThunderShirt helps if it is not a really bad storm and you get it on him in time.

Works for some dogs. Not others.

Excellent news!

I'm sorry, I may have asked you this before, but have you guys tried the ThunderShirt for Jackson? It helps our dog Myles a ton. He has sever anxiety with thunderstorms and fireworks (to the point where we also have xanax for him if it gets really bad). The ThunderShirt helps if it is not a really bad storm and you get it on him in time.

Works for some dogs. Not others.

We use it for Booger. First time we put it on him, I thought he was on drugs, just cool as a cucumber.

Just googled what a thundershirt is. The thought of trying to get one of those on my kitteh is hilarious. Zero chance the shirt is going on. He would maul the shit out of everyone and everything in his general vicinity.

Yeah I just googled thundershirts too, and now I demand pics of your dogs in them, please.

LBE: I know it doesn't make the thoughts about old dogs any better, but I am impressed Jackson is still going strong at 14 as a lab.

Hm.
He got home and immediately tried to get in the tub again. He settled with J on the floor for a little while, but he apparently has tried to get into the tub again and is just anxiously pacing around.

This is so weird. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but Jackson's the chillest dog ever so this is really out of the ordinary for him. I'm familiar with thundershirts, but it's never been something jackson would need...

Just want the big man to settle down :( I also hate being at work right now - thankfully J is closing and can go in late to be with him right now, but I don't know if I can leave early.

Hm.
He got home and immediately tried to get in the tub again. He settled with J on the floor for a little while, but he apparently has tried to get into the tub again and is just anxiously pacing around.

This is so weird. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but Jackson's the chillest dog ever so this is really out of the ordinary for him. I'm familiar with thundershirts, but it's never been something jackson would need...

Just want the big man to settle down :( I also hate being at work right now - thankfully J is closing and can go in late to be with him right now, but I don't know if I can leave early.

Hmmm, that's strange indeed. Wonder if he is sensing something there that you can't. Maybe you should all get a hotel room for the night in case the house is about to collapse. (Only half kidding. It freaks me out when the dogs get freaked out for "no reason.")

Hmmm, that's strange indeed. Wonder if he is sensing something there that you can't. Maybe you should all get a hotel room for the night in case the house is about to collapse. (Only half kidding. It freaks me out when the dogs get freaked out for "no reason.")

Do you guys have a carbon monoxide detector? Was he anxious in the car with J?

we have a detector and all of the windows/doors have been open lately...
He didn't seem any more anxious or excited in teh car than he normally does (he loves the car).

i just wish he could talk :(

we have a detector and all of the windows/doors have been open lately...
He didn't seem any more anxious or excited in teh car than he normally does (he loves the car).

I ask because I wonder if he was picking up on something with J biologically. Doesn't he have a heart condition?

Back