• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

That really sucks for Booger, and isn't fair. He'll be living it up for however much time he's got left, eating whatever he wants, doing whatever he wants, and being the object of all your affection.

That little guy is most definitely getting an ice cream cone on the way home from the vet.

That little guy is most definitely getting an ice cream cone on the way home from the vet.

happy_dog_hamburger.jpg

Make it happen.

Sorry for you having to deal with that, it really sucks.

Damn Deacfreak07. I really hate hearing that. 8.5 is too young for that to happen. As others have said, spoil the heck out of Booger this fall.

1923391_511257543693_5753_n.jpg

First time I took him to the Quad a couple weeks after graduation in 2006.

I'm over here bawling like a jackass on the drive home, and this little guy is all "it's ok, pops". I. Can't. Even.

b25cb7f9637b0b00a73ca74a90b895a9.jpg

Fuck cancer. My dog, Riley, was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma almost exactly a year ago (he was young too - not quite 7 at the time) and I found some helpful information on the Yahoo Canine Cancer Group boards. Be warned that it can be an emotional place though. We started cooking chicken breasts in the crockpot every week and used that to replace half his dog food to cut out some carbs. I have no idea if it is helping to slow any spread but he is doing well and obviously likes eating a lot of chicken. Also started buying Zuke's Salmon Dog Treats on amazon to get him some omega 3s. You can find a lot of information on alternative treatments on the Yahoo boards if you think that may be of help.

Fuck cancer. My dog, Riley, was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma almost exactly a year ago (he was young too - not quite 7 at the time) and I found some helpful information on the Yahoo Canine Cancer Group boards. Be warned that it can be an emotional place though. We started cooking chicken breasts in the crockpot every week and used that to replace half his dog food to cut out some carbs. I have no idea if it is helping to slow any spread but he is doing well and obviously likes eating a lot of chicken. Also started buying Zuke's Salmon Dog Treats on amazon to get him some omega 3s. You can find a lot of information on alternative treatments on the Yahoo boards if you think that may be of help.

Thanks. I'll look into that. They gave us some liver supplements that have vitamins and stuff to help with some liver function. There is a slight chance that it's not cancer, and with those he can have a good quality of life for a long while.

Thanks. I'll look into that. They gave us some liver supplements that have vitamins and stuff to help with some liver function. There is a slight chance that it's not cancer, and with those he can have a good quality of life for a long while.

When we found out our collie had a liver tumor, we started giving her milk thistle and Denamarin to help improve liver function. Sam-e is a cheaper alternative to Denamarin. Also switched her to Hills Prescription Diet L/D food, which is formulated for liver issues. Good luck.

So so sad. That pic. All the feels.

One of my roommates from Wake just found out last week that her and her BF's dog has cancer. He had a tumor removed and has started chemo, but they think it will probably return. He's only 8. Sad.

So so sad. That pic. All the feels.

One of my roommates from Wake just found out last week that her and her BF's dog has cancer. He had a tumor removed and has started chemo, but they think it will probably return. He's only 8. Sad.

The vet didn't recommend chemo, because the masses are smaller and all over his liver, essentially making them inoperable. Chemo would be unlikely to prolong his life, and I didn't want to torture him for his last few months. Just loving on him, and spoiling the ever loving shit out of the little guy.

What kind of spoils did King Booger get last night? Your FB photos yesterday afternoon created one hell of dust storm in our house btw.

In more adorable news, here's a photo of milk-drunk 2.5wk chocolate lab puppies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410366685.851248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410366707.354879.jpg

So sorry to hear that about Booger. I'm really hoping it's not cancer and that he hangs on for a good long while. However, if it is cancer, cutting out carbs and upping his food to something very high protein could help. We fed Orijen Senior kibble because of allergy issues with the other dogs, but our vet thinks it contributed heavily to Addie living 14 months instead of the two originally predicted. She was perfectly happy and healthy acting right up until that last weekend too.

Hoping for the best.

Back