• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

Well, that certainly explains it. Knew of the heart attack, but didn’t know about the Parkinson’s. Hate that, I think he’s a good guy.

Yeah. He's very clearly medicated. It's a shame. But not sure he offers much with his condition. Seems like a great dude though

Just back also. Marucci should easily be the starter next week even if Kern and Griffis are hurt. This is the same offense they ran against VT and they couldn’t do shit. Even his TD pass in the first half was more than they did the entire game.
He just makes better decisions than either of them. I don’t think that he throws a ball, quite as well as Kern, but his internal clock is so much better. I would rather have Maruchi scramble for a one year gain than a strip sack or interception.

Marucci stayed in the pocket and consistently delivered some very catchable balls, all without a fumble. He also took a few hits and got right back up. The kid has great pocket presence, a good internal clock, and the arm to deliver some serious bombs. Let him finish the season as the starter.

you gotta ride with Mooch the rest of the way. Clawson has talked about seasons where guys like Wolford improved late — you can clean up those picks and decision making with more reps but it’s hard to teach the feel for the game, which was clearly superior today. I was happy to see Griffis there at the end celebrating with Marucci, can’t hate on that.

Marucci stayed in the pocket and consistently delivered some very catchable balls, all without a fumble. He also took a few hits and got right back up. The kid has great pocket presence, a good internal clock, and the arm to deliver some serious bombs. Let him finish the season as the starter.

The kid won us our first game in a month. The team obviously loves him. He might be a momentum story. You absolutely have to give him the nod next week and beyond. If not, I think you might lose the team.

Although his overall statistics weren't great, remember he has had exactly one week taking snaps with the starting team. You could see him getting more and more comfortable as the game progressed. Don't know many qb's who could have done better with as little preparation. Hell, he performed better in the 4th. qtr. than our other guys. Saddle him up and ride him the rest of this year, definitely has more upside than we've seen from the qb. so far. Oh yeah, props again to the defense for keeping us in the game. My vote for Brad Lambert for assistant coach of the year.

Although his overall statistics weren't great, remember he has had exactly one week taking snaps with the starting team. You could see him getting more and more comfortable as the game progressed. Don't know many qb's who could have done better with as little preparation. Hell, he performed better in the 4th. qtr. than our other guys. Saddle him up and ride him the rest of this year, definitely has more upside than we've seen from the qb. so far. Oh yeah, props again to the defense for keeping us in the game. My vote for Brad Lambert for assistant coach of the year.
Very disappointing the lack of resistance on the drive after we went up 14-10 though, but you can only ask so much.

Back