• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

Can't wait for this board to explode when Clawson has Mitch atop the depth chart this week!

giphy.webp
giphy.webp
200w.webp

How much discography did supertramp even put out? I think the stubbornness of 22 to keep posting on that burner with no shame or self respect is going to quickly use up all their album artwork.

My only issue with Kern is that he needs a pretty secure pocket to do well. I don’t think he breaks the pocket and rolls out like Santino did this past week. I really don’t think Santino is that great of a quarterback, but his skill set seems to limit the bad plays, especially devastatingly bad ones (I.e. strip sacks), that we have seen with the other two quarterbacks. And it is the devastatingly bad plays that have killed us against ODU, Georgia Tech, and Clemson.

How much discography did supertramp even put out? I think the stubbornness of 22 to keep posting on that burner with no shame or self respect is going to quickly use up all their album artwork.

This is one of my favorite Otis Redding songs.

My only issue with Kern is that he needs a pretty secure pocket to do well. I don’t think he breaks the pocket and rolls out like Santino did this past week. I really don’t think Santino is that great of a quarterback, but his skill set seems to limit the bad plays, especially devastatingly bad ones (I.e. strip sacks), that we have seen with the other two quarterbacks. And it is the devastatingly bad plays that have killed us against ODU, Georgia Tech, and Clemson.

It’s not his skill set that limits the bad plays, it’s the play calling. When you turn around and hand it off most of the game with no option to do anything else it’s harder to screw up. Still managed to throw it to them twice though.

I say start Marucci. But, if we're all being honest here, we really have no good options. Maybe not even any average options. It appears Clawson is trying to save this season any way possible and I give him great credit for that. But, I still am troubled at how we got to this point. And did we run Williams off in the spring by announcing Griffis as QB1? He certainly would be a nice option at this point given what I saw in the spring game.

With a serviceable, slightly above average QB, this team should easily be 6-1. I'll give VT credit for the win. But Clemson is dog-shit this year and there's NO way you lose to GT with 31-13 first downs!!

#moochin

It’s not his skill set that limits the bad plays, it’s the play calling. When you turn around and hand it off most of the game with no option to do anything else it’s harder to screw up. Still managed to throw it to them twice though.
Even with limited chances he still threw a game winning TD pass. Kern and Griffis couldn’t do that the last few weeks with many more opportunities.

Didn’t we really limit our playbook against Clemson and VT just like we did against Pitt?

Didn’t we really limit our playbook against Clemson and VT just like we did against Pitt?

Clemson, yes but not quite the lengths of last week. VT absolutely not.

I had a ton of fun at the end of the game last week and it was a fantastic college sports moment. We’ll likely put Tino out there again on Saturday, but when we have to score points because FSUs offense is the exact opposite of Pitt’s it is going to be a tough watch. Hopefully we at least have options in the more winnable games coming up.

Yeah on the one hand is Griffis better than Marucci? Almost certainly. Is either of them going to give us a realistic shot of beating (m)any (?) top 25 teams, much less top 5? No.

Yeah on the one hand is Griffis better than Marucci? Almost certainly. Is either of them going to give us a realistic shot of beating (m)any (?) top 25 teams, much less top 5? No.
What’s the basis for Griffis “almost certainly” being better? Right now he looks like the 3rd best of 3 awful options.

Back