• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

Yeah I'm not sold on Griffis "almost certainly" being better. Seems like his drop back to sack/fumble ratio is probably higher. He's a more accurate passer, probably, when he can see the receiver. And he's almost certainly not as good of a runner as Tino.

It’s not his skill set that limits the bad plays, it’s the play calling. When you turn around and hand it off most of the game with no option to do anything else it’s harder to screw up. Still managed to throw it to them twice though.
Yes and no.

Game plan certainly limited the occasion for mistakes and didn't trust Santino at all until we had too.

And

The two things that I saw that helped win the game that seem singular to Santino of our 3 quarterbacks: 1) Ball security in the pocket. While Kern's fumbles were both the fault of horrendously missed blocks by the RBs, Santino's size and the way he carries the ball in the pocket led to 0 fumbles (and while there were fewer total plow up sacks, he still has some folks in his face immediately on occasion), and 2) Breaking the pocket. Santino was quick to abandon the pocket and roll out, limiting sacks. While it didn't often turn into a positive play, it generally resulted in a less negative play (I'll take Santino scrambling and going out of bounds for a 1 yard loss over a 4-7 yard sack or panicked throw that gets picked off).

Yes and no.

Game plan certainly limited the occasion for mistakes and didn't trust Santino at all until we had too.

And

The two things that I saw that helped win the game that seem singular to Santino of our 3 quarterbacks: 1) Ball security in the pocket. While Kern's fumbles were both the fault of horrendously missed blocks by the RBs, Santino's size and the way he carries the ball in the pocket led to 0 fumbles (and while there were fewer total plow up sacks, he still has some folks in his face immediately on occasion), and 2) Breaking the pocket. Santino was quick to abandon the pocket and roll out, limiting sacks. While it didn't often turn into a positive play, it generally resulted in a less negative play (I'll take Santino scrambling and going out of bounds for a 1 yard loss over a 4-7 yard sack or panicked throw that gets picked off).
Second one was; first one, Clawson detailed last week, was on Kern. He needed to move up in the pocket. Demond did exactly what he was taught, to ride the edge rusher past the QB spot.

On the last drive, Santino was Riley Skinner. That earned him the start vs FSU. Time will tell us whether he has the ability to an ACC QB, but we don’t have Riley or Sam or Wolford as the alternatives. Give the kid a chance.

On the last drive, Santino was Riley Skinner. That earned him the start vs FSU. Time will tell us whether he has the ability to an ACC QB, but we don’t have Riley or Sam or Wolford as the alternatives. Give the kid a chance.
'Cause you're the joke of the neighborhood
Why should you care if you're feelin' good?
Well, take the long way home
Take the long way home

Was watching a documentary last night about Tom Brady and Charlie Weiss mentioned that they limited the game plan for him the first three games. He had 40 yards passing his first game, 160 his second and 80 his third. Some of y'all saying the Mooch is not great or only did better because we limited him would have missed the boat on the GOAT!

The city of Pittsburgh has had 2 devastating slides since the fake one that cheated the Deacs: the one on Saturday, and O'Niel Cruz's that broke his femur this year. Some are saying the fake slide will send the entire city of Pittsburgh into a nut-punch-like spiral.

The city of Pittsburgh has had 2 devastating slides since the fake one that cheated the Deacs: the one on Saturday, and O'Niel Cruz's that broke his femur this year. Some are saying the fake slide will send the entire city of Pittsburgh into a nut-punch-like spiral.
curse of the nut-punch!!!

it is real, can confirm. . . .Pitt better prepare themselves for their own

Remember how Sam was the worst starting WFU QB in history? Remember how we now self-high five every time a QB hits an open 5 yard out or slant?

More FSU fans than wake. Guess people have already given up on Clawson

200w.gif

Went to game. East was 75% FSU.
Wake side, I'd say 1/4-1/3 gave their tix to FSU fans.

I went hopeful until I saw Mitch march out for the first series.
Didn’t seem the crowd was that bad to me.

Went to game. East was 75% FSU.
Wake side, I'd say 1/4-1/3 gave their tix to FSU fans.

I went hopeful until I saw Mitch march out for the first series.
Why were so many FSU fans at the Pitt game?

Back