• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

I don’t believe you. When we are at a game the guy in the red shirt comes out on the field with the big timer on a stick and it is always some time between 2:30 and 3:50
I can’t speak to Wake games specifically but across all of FBS the data is 2:00- 2:30. Same as it’s been for years.

EDIT: My bad. My eyes are going. 3:00 - 3:30. But that’s still the same it’s been apparently according to the study in the Athletic where I got that chart.

I think replay and other factors break up the flow making it feel choppier.

Exactly my take. Really had no feelings about Pitt. Then at the bar before the ACCCG, random Pitt sees me while waiting in line at restroom and asks me “what’s the difference between your girlfriend and your sister? Nothing! Hahaha” then ran away.

Guess since they were in the south they thought we are all incestual although their biggest rival is WVU
What's the difference between Shit and Pitt? Nothing

I posted this during the game but there were several ad breaks where YTTV showed a prolonged moment of zen (maybe a minute each time). I’ve never seen that before. Usually feels like those are 10-15 seconds. What was airing otherwise on other providers?

If football games are shorter and commercials breaks are the same length, then commercial breaks are a larger percentage of a broadcast than last year. So commercial breaks are too long.
45 minutes of commercials.
It’s not really changed folks. Been this way for years.

Key is electric. They have to figure out how to get him the ball in stride more often. Banks is still that dude. Just need to give him catchable chances. With future teams selling out to stop the run, they should see lots of 1 on 1 situations.

Key is electric. They have to figure out how to get him the ball in stride more often. Banks is still that dude. Just need to give him catchable chances. With future teams selling out to stop the run, they should see lots of 1 on 1 situations.
They tried to yesterday but the blocking on the screens was hit or miss.

Oh. I guess that’s not “in stride” though! Sorry!

45 minutes of commercials.
It’s not really changed folks. Been this way for years.
Right. And we've been complaining about the length of commercials for years. But those complaints are more pointed this year because the NCAA recognized games are too long and cut the length of the actual game instead of commercials. Games typically run about 3:15 or so with a 20 min halftime, right? So let's just round up to 3 hours of football. One-fourth of the actual game is commercial breaks. And that doesn't include replays.

Right. And we've been complaining about the length of commercials for years. But those complaints are more pointed this year because the NCAA recognized games are too long and cut the length of the actual game instead of commercials. Games typically run about 3:15 or so with a 20 min halftime, right? So let's just round up to 3 hours of football. One-fourth of the actual game is commercial breaks. And that doesn't include replays.
Considering football is only like 11 minutes of action.

I guess I think it’s more about how we consume TV than the actual length or number of commercials. There also have seemed to be an inordinate amount of weird stacking of commercials in Wake’s games for whatever reason.

I’m sure it’s semantics. The commercials are what they’ve always been. The game presentation has very much changed and tolerance for commercial time has diminished.

We were at the game, and my wife thought that the numerous times they lined up various Wake sports teams on the goal line for intros was the reason why there was so many game stoppages. I had to point out that no, those weren't additional time outs, just the same ones that used to be be filled with hampster ball races, Jeep races, and other tripe. Actually pretty impressive that they can get 20-30 players lined up and off the field in 2 min. or so.

In other positive news, Clawson is feeding the best running back we’ve had since Walker. And Carney is getting some run on short yardage. AND we ran some very cool plays in some of the short yardage situations for successful conversions.

In other positive news, Clawson is feeding the best running back we’ve had since Walker. And Carney is getting some run on short yardage. AND we ran some very cool plays in some of the short yardage situations for successful conversions.
Finally halfway thru the season. Here’s a crazy idea - if the guy is electric in space and sucks as a pass blocker, maybe give him the ball in space and don’t make him pass block? He’s the only homerun threat we have and they wasted half a season not getting him touches. He could be our deebo!

Finally halfway thru the season. Here’s a crazy idea - if the guy is electric in space and sucks as a pass blocker, maybe give him the ball in space and don’t make him pass block? He’s the only homerun threat we have and they wasted half a season not getting him touches. He could be our deebo!
Clawson still mentioned the work he has to do without the ball - he’s a feature back, but still has some growing to do to be a complete back.

Back