• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plane Crash @ SFO

San-Francisco-Striker-4500.jpg_10470129.jpg

From the accounts I've read, none of the SFFD expected there to be patients lying on the runway, and most likely had tunnel vision. They expected all of the passengers to either still be on the plane or in groups that had already exited. They wouldnt let the EMS units near the scene for a few minutes while they battled the blaze for fear that it would explode. I hate to say it, but I could easily see how one person could blend in with the debris from the crash and not be seen.

Apparently there was a lot of foam going on, too.

Yeah, I didn't think for a minute to blame EMS crews. I just found it ironic, or maybe really bad luck.

Its horrific. I'm sure they've got a ton of guilt since their actions possibly directly led to the death of someone they were trying to save. An advantage and disadvantage of those rigs are that you do all of the work from inside the truck. Its great because it protects the firefighters in the event of a fire and allows them to get close while still protected in the air conditioned cab, but they're also notorious for having very limited sight lines. It sounds like the girl who was allegedly run over stumbled away from the fuselage and collapsed not too far from the airplane. I can easily see them not even knowing she was there while they were positioning the apparatus.

thats hilarious. i wonder who did the pranking.

Wow, hilarious (inappropriate, but still, it's humorous).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Asiana is proceeding with a suit against the TV station but this report on CNN makes me still wonder if the pranking continues:

The bogus names that phonetically spelled out phrases such as "Something Wrong" and "We Too Low" were read during KTVU's noon broadcast on Friday. The airline called the report "demeaning" and said it was "reviewing possible legal action."

Monday morning, the airline seemed to have a partial change of heart.

Airline spokesman Na Chul-hee said Asiana has retained a U.S. law firm to file a defamation claim against the TV station. But, he said, the company didn't have plans to file a separate suit against the NTSB.

"Airline spokesman naturally said Asiana has retained..."

Link above wasn't working. In case you missed the broadcast: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1373664708

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/travel/asiana-offensive-names/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Last edited:
Good idea Asiana. Sue a local TV station because during a noon broadcast on a weekday, an anchor read names provided to them by the NTSB, then apologized almost immediately for the mistake. Yeah, the TV station is what damaged your reputation.

They are discussing the girl that was run over by the firetruck in a press conference. She was alive when run over and cause of death is internal hemorrhages, but they won't speculate as to if they were caused by the truck or from the plane crash.

CNN just posted this article after the Press Conference. What really bothers me is that the coroner specifically said he could not speculate as to if the girl was thrown from the plane, yet this article says she was. Everyone in that press conference kept saying, that couldn't be determined, yet CNN decides to print that it did.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/travel/asiana-airlines-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Last edited:
Back