• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plane Crash @ SFO

I'm a bad flier to start with, it won't be any better when I leave Wednesday for Lake Tahoe. On the way back we are flying through San Fran. Good grief. I may need valium before the flight.

Man that would fucking suck to be flying for 8 hours or whatever it is from Seoul, be literally just a couple feet from landing, and have that shit happen.

I can't believe people took the time to get their carry on bags before evacuating the aircraft.

If it's anything like the normal time it takes to deplane, there's plenty of opportunity to put your backpack on.

If it's anything like the normal time it takes to deplane, there's plenty of opportunity to put your backpack on.

They are designed for emergency exits to take 90 seconds. The reason deplaning takes so long normally is one door plus everyone getting their carry-ons. People were hauling their roll-aboards off the crashed plane.

The goddamn fuselage was on fire. They should have been out of that plane quicker than shit through a goose.

Crash today in Alaska kills 10. Was there one person on that flight who did not think about yesterday as the plane took off?

I think I listened to a lot of those black box recordings on YouTube after the last major disaster. They are really tough to sit through. Listened to the one from Delta 191 today. That one is pretty straightforward. "Shit. Oh shit."

I thought one of those was strange and scrolled over to see it was United 93 on 9/11.

I can't believe people took the time to get their carry on bags before evacuating the aircraft.

I could see that being almost second nature, honestly, but the criticism is justified. On the other hand, at least it shows a calmness/lack of panic (or just shock).

I think I listened to a lot of those black box recordings on YouTube after the last major disaster. They are really tough to sit through. Listened to the one from Delta 191 today. That one is pretty straightforward. "Shit. Oh shit."

http://planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

22 Jun 2003Brit Air5572I have nothing in front of me.
03 Jan 2004Flash Air604See what the aircraft did!
27 Aug 2006Comair5191That's weird with no lights.
01 Jun 2009Air France447Damn it, we're going to crash... This can't be happening!
ATC15 Jan 2009US Airways1549We're gonna be in the Hudson.
12 Feb 2009Continental Express3407We're down.
ATC04 Apr 2010Polish Air Force1549F*ckkkkkk

I still think "it's the end" is the most chilling of the final words.

Very Japanese.

Well this isn't inappropriate at all.
Fright-214-Chicago-Sun-Times-headline.jpg

Back