• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

There was a medical definition that I didn't follow from the med school prof sibling that the procedure wouldn't be allowed if laws were changed. Seemed bizarre that some are so wrapped up in ideology that they would favor a miscarriage that could happen at any time over a scheduled procedure. Perspective grandparents were focused on their daughter's psyche, but bitter about unnecessary ideological purity.

Sounds to me like you really don't know what happened. How exactly would the law be changed and what would it prevent? This sounds like a classic #anecdote to me. I don't know a single pro-life person that is so wrapped up in ideology that they wouldn't consider a baby that hasn't had a heartbeat for 6 weeks not dead already. That isn't ideology. When the heart has ceased to beat for a month and a half you aren't having an abortion.

You don't think abortions would reduce if you went to jail for performing one? That is a bold position to take.

sure, and then we'll have an increase in jailed young women or burdened with a bunch of fines and an increase of injuries/death

Where would I go? How would that change anything in America? You are learning from the master PH. Set up a false equivalency and then pounce when the person you are discussion the issue with inevitably can't meet the quota. Congrats. You got me. I really DON'T think abortion is murder and I am just having a lot of fun defending my fake position from 6-7 other people who are calling me dumb, ignorant, etc... Brilliant deduction Sherlock.

I put some in my post above -- Ireland, Chile, Vatican City, Dominican Republic. I'ts not a false equivalency. If I truly believed abortion was murder and there were millions of them and my country approved of them, I wouldn't be able to live with myself living in that place anymore or not doing everything in my power to put an end to them -- something more than, "let's hope there is a republican president". How can I believe anything other than your morality allows for this or you don't truly, in your heart of hearts, believe abortion is really murder?

Last edited:
Man, this thread has gone viral this morning.

I haven't seen in the news where any reporters have asked Pub candidates like Fiorina or Cruz about this development in Houston. The only thing I've seen is where Fiorina "borrowed" those elementary school kids for a little anti-abortion piece (and at least 1 of the parents was pissed). Surely even our lame press eventually will get around to asking Fiorina and Cruz about it. Anyone seen anything yet?

Why would I claim it's anything other than anecdotal? The reason I included the part about a high risk pregnancy family member is because they're far from uninformed on the medical and ethical issues. The most interesting/relevant part to me was this isn't a left wing hippie athiest family who were bitter. Classic middle of the road 'Pubs who roll their eyes at Trump, Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, Bachmann, and Palin. Like me, they can't understand why anyone would oppose abortions in all cases. There aren't a ton of high risk pregnancies, but there are instances where even late term abortions are reasonable and justifiable (i.e. life of the mother or a sibling in multiple births). Doesn't make them any less tragic.

I put some in my post above -- Ireland, Chile, Vatican City, Dominican Republic. I'ts not a false equivalency. If I truly believed abortion was murder and there were millions of them and my country approved of them, I wouldn't be able to live with myself living in that place anymore or not doing everything in my power to put an end to them -- something more than, "let's hope their is a republican president". How can I believe anything other than your morality allows for this or you don't truly, in your heart of hearts, believe abortion is really murder?

Does your heart really have a heart? I don't think so. I don't think your heart actually has a heart.

Hey, you know what has a heart that beats?

the only thing i corrected you on is that recovering costs is not the same as making profits. don't you run a farm? is recovering your costs the same as making a profit?

stop being a dumbass

Yes. Recovering costs and making a profit are the exact same business process. This year our farm will not make a profit due to the suppressed grain market and the fact that input prices have not adjusted quick enough. We are looking to recover our cost and keep our farm running this year so that we don't put our employees out of work. So we are recovering the cost, and will not make a profit. We accomplish this in the exact same manner we would if Corn was $7 and we were going to make a big profit. Distinguishing between making a profit and recovering costs is dumb. The PP representatives were negotiating for the highest price they thought they could get. They didn't say. We need $50 to recover our costs. One of them said they wanted a new car or something stupid like that.

Last edited:
sure, and then we'll have an increase in jailed young women or burdened with a bunch of fines and an increase of injuries/death

That is consequence for taking a life. Sorry that I don't think jailtime is inappropriate for ending someone else's life.

Does your heart really have a heart? I don't think so. I don't think your heart actually has a heart.

Hey, you know what has a heart that beats?

Illegal immigrants, Syrian refugees, and people on welfare?

That is consequence for taking a life. Sorry that I don't think jailtime is inappropriate for ending someone else's life.

Well we know how that will go. The wealthy will get abortions free and clear and poor women will get arrested. Dudes get away easy.

I'd answer if I thought you really cared....but you don't.

Right. Everyone knows you show how much you care about preventing something by stridently opposing any measure to restrict its practice, and by condemning those that advocate its restriction.

Well we know how that will go. The wealthy will get abortions free and clear and poor women will get arrested. Dudes get away easy.

Oh PH. I feel sorry for you man. That is such a terrible philosophical place to put yourself in. Condoning abortion simply because not everyone will be able to get away with destroying another person's life. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you claim to be anti-abortion but pro-choice. You seem to willingly take a position that is indefensible.

Good day to all of you. I don't have any more time in the day to waste talking to a wall. You should realize at this point that you are also speaking to a wall. The only way someone changes their mind on this topic is through a personal revelation. I have never met a single person that changed sides based on an argument, so I will stop arguing. Hopefully abortions will continue to decline. I think many of us claim to take that position, so I will leave with that.

Peace.

peace is what we'll get when Christians keep their religion in their tax-free churches and homes where it belongs

Yes. Recovering costs and making a profit are the exact same business process. This year our farm will not make a profit due to the suppressed grain market and the fact that input prices have not adjusted quick enough. We are looking to recover our cost and keep our farm running this year so that we don't put our employees out of work. So we are recovering the cost, and will not make a profit. We accomplish this in the exact same manner we would if Corn was $7 and we were going to make a big profit. Distinguishing between making a profit and recovering costs is dumb. The PP representatives were negotiating for the highest price they thought they could get. They didn't say. We need $50 to recover our costs. One of them said they wanted a new car or something stupid like that.

if something costs $7 and you sell it for $7 you are recovering your cost. if you sell it for $8 you are making a profit. that is not the same.

Back