• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Yeah I haven't been to the Joel that much since the shity basketball product we've been putting on the floor the last decade that I don't remember the basketball sections but I know that the band sits in the endzone section under the bucket which is that section that the 6-man sign shows is clearly mostly empty in the back.

Is the fact that I didn't even notice that there was a student section there indicative that it wasn't full of students? When an actual student section is full that's pretty much unavoidable

You wonder why people call you in ad stooge?

Sorry man, didn’t mean to get you so riled up.

Sorry don't know what to tell you. If you think those sections were full of students you're living in a fantasy world.

We have the worst student section, in the ACC. Maybe of all power 5 conferences. That is if students actually showed up.

We need to put a product on the floor that is worth getting excited about. Bring back the tie dyes and the Screamin Deacons. i don't care if they are ugly.

The students quit attending about 7 years ago. A few come to the UNC and Duke games.

Good question. I guess there is just a lot of inaccurate stuff posted here, so sometimes I try to correct/clarify it. Probably not worth it.

If it weren’t for people’s high strength need to prove themselves right while other posters are wrong, the boards wouldn’t exist.

If it weren’t for people’s high strength need to prove themselves right while other posters are wrong, the boards wouldn’t exist.

Probably true. It reminds me of that cartoon of the person on his deathbed with the caption “I wish I would have spent more time online arguing about Star Wars.”

Would you speak up in that situation knowing that you could be dismissed from service and potentially lose your retirement benefits because the child screaming at you is an insecure dickhead?

Weird question to ask on MLK Day. But go ahead and defend generals who were afraid to lose a star.

know your program posted this yesterday at the game with the caption WHERE ARE THE STUDENTS? Another game their section sits empty.

82343466_197110848141880_3815055763538182144_o.jpg

know your program posted this yesterday at the game with the caption WHERE ARE THE STUDENTS? Another game their section sits empty.

The students sit in the section to the right of the band. I’m pretty sure the section above the band is open for non students to use unless they are expecting a big student showing.

Why are you guys so concerned with students? If you were an 18 year old freshman and the last time Wake won an NCAA tournament game you were 8, would you care? Start winning and they’ll start to care. But the memories of a passionate fanbase and exciting games have never existed for any of the current or recent students.

Again, that’s not the student section. The students were in 103 and 104. That’s 101 and 102. This can’t be that hard.

I don't blame the students. I was just taking exception to Rafi's weird claim that the student section was full sunday.

It's sad that I don't even really know the sections to the Joel anymore. For the one game I attend a year I buy nosebleed seats and then go to a between the baselines section downstairs and pick the empty row I want to sit in with the wife and kids.

Why are you guys so concerned with students? If you were an 18 year old freshman and the last time Wake won an NCAA tournament game you were 8, would you care? Start winning and they’ll start to care. But the memories of a passionate fanbase and exciting games have never existed for any of the current or recent students.

Because you have fun. You party. You may even get laid...

Again, that’s not the student section. The students were in 103 and 104. That’s 101 and 102. This can’t be that hard.

You can't see 103 there with the dance kids sitting there (just like I said they were out of my memory)? If you want to continue making a fool out of yourself then be my guest but those sections weren't remotely full.

Last edited:

Correct. Not complicated. Students are not the only ones not showing up to watch this mess.

You can't see 103 there with the dance kids sitting there (just like I said they were out of my memory)? If you want to continue making a fool out of yourself then be my guest but those sections weren't remotely full.

Look at the pictures you took and then the pics you just posted. The pics you just posted have many fewer people in the sections you can see - they are probably from before the game. And none of the pics show 104, which is the section I was next to.

I'm looking forward to the day after the next home game so we'll have ten clear pictures of the student section with 45 people in it and we can argue about it all day.

Back