• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

I'm looking forward to the day after the next home game so we'll have ten clear pictures of the student section with 45 people in it and we can argue about it all day.

Totally. Chris will probably take a picture of the wrong section so we can have a good, solid argument.

Are we really trying to argue the number of students that attended the game? Seems like a waste of time and effort. Let's say a hundred came (I know, hhaha) opposed to 10... what does it even matter?

When Duke comes to town we can all play the game "where's waldo," the Wake Forest student section version.

Look at the pictures you took and then the pics you just posted. The pics you just posted have many fewer people in the sections you can see - they are probably from before the game. And none of the pics show 104, which is the section I was next to.

They aren't pictures of the same seats. And it pretty much corresponds with my memory because I was specifically trying to get pictures of where it was most crowded to post on the game thread. I think you need to go over to FB and set everybody who commented on how there weren't any students there straight. As long as no complete picture of section 104 exists, then you are golden!!!!

They aren't pictures of the same seats. And it pretty much corresponds with my memory because I was specifically trying to get pictures of where it was most crowded to post on the game thread. I think you need to go over to FB and set everybody who commented on how there weren't any students there straight. As long as no complete picture of section 104 exists, then you are golden!!!!

Yes, they are the same seats.

I need to get to Facebook right away! The truth regarding section 104 must be known!

Yes, they are the same seats.

I need to get to Facebook right away! The truth regarding section 104 must be known!

No they aren't. The very bottom and right of my picture corresponds with the top and left of his picture. The overlap is maybe a handful of seats which look similarly full.

Sherwood Forest Songsters with a strong turnout, that cannot be argued.

know your program posted this yesterday at the game with the caption WHERE ARE THE STUDENTS? Another game their section sits empty.

82343466_197110848141880_3815055763538182144_o.jpg

When was this picture taken? Pregame, midway through 1st half or last minute of the game? I need to know !!!!

Posted at 6:02 PM, so presumably taken right at the start of the game but right before the mad rush of students came in to stake their claim to a precious seat to watch two sub 100 kenpom teams battle it out on a Sunday night of a vacation weekend.

He could have said nothing which would have said A LOT. It's odd. We have some of the most well-educated alums on planet earth but an AD that speaks to them as if they're borderline illiterate. People see through this garbage. At least the ones with any intelligence.
Yup. I don't know why this is difficult for some.

Posted at 6:02 PM, so presumably taken right at the start of the game but right before the mad rush of students came in to stake their claim to a precious seat to watch two sub 100 kenpom teams battle it out on a Sunday night of a vacation weekend.

Hey Chris, I found a pic of half the student section from the second half of the game last night. The students are to the left of Brandon (behind Les Johns in the front row). Let me know what you think now. Also, thanks for questioning this, as I now learned how to post pics to this forum.

UyNGzdY.jpg

Last edited:
Our season tickets when I was growing up were in the upper bowl. Our section was consistently full. Hell we were selling out exhibition games with WSSU.

I fucking despise Ron Wellman.

Hey Chris, I found a pic of half the student section from the second half of the game last night. The students are to the left of Brandon (behind Les Johns in the front row). Let me know what you think now. Also, thanks for questioning this, as I now learned how to post pics to this forum.

UyNGzdY.jpg
I see fans filling up to maybe the first railing and then a family behind the railing with kids and a smattering of fans and empty seats behind it. After the railing those seats are maybe half full. Isn't that Section 102 anyway aren't you chiding me claiming the students were all sitting in section 103 and 104. Which is it?

Last edited:
How many people do you think were actually at the game?

Upstairs holds 8,000+: I would guess 1,000 is reasonable. Lots of school kids in the endzone, but most of the sections that I could see were very sparse.

Downstairs 6,000+: I would guess 3,500 to 4,000. We squatted in between the baselines and had our choice of empty and near empty rows. Some sections had good numbers but all had plenty of empty seats.

The numbers of reading children and the dance team definitely helped those numbers. They were several hundred at least.

When one considers how students once packed both old and newer arenas for basketball and then consider the growth in enrollment since say 1970 this current scenario is beyond fucked up.

If this thread isn't a microcosm of the state of our MBB program, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
LOL, no. There were two lower level sections full with students (104 and 103). I was impressed with the crowd and students given the season and the NFL playoffs.

I want Manning gone yesterday, but there is no need to make things up. The truth is more than enough.

We have not had two sections full of Wake students in 5 years. The LJVM is a tomb.

We have not had two sections full of Wake students in 5 years. The LJVM is a tomb.

A new coach and regime with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm and passion will certainly change the atmosphere at the Joel back to the way it used to be.

A new coach and regime with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm and passion will certainly change the atmosphere at the Joel back to the way it used to be.

Whatever. College basketball in general is a shadow of what it was 10-20 years ago. Attitude, enthusiasm, and passion are only part of the problem.

And what makes you think we are going to get a new coach, much less one with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm? If our AD had a winning attitude or any enthusiasm we wouldn't still have the current assclown. Currie is an incompetent stooge, same as his predecessor.

And what makes you think we are going to get a new coach, much less one with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm? If our AD had a winning attitude or any enthusiasm we wouldn't still have the current assclown. Currie is an incompetent stooge, same as his predecessor.

Give him a chance. A change is coming soon.

Back