• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Whatever. College basketball in general is a shadow of what it was 10-20 years ago. Attitude, enthusiasm, and passion are only part of the problem.
This is 100% true. Whereas an Alabama/LSU football match-up was highly anticipated weeks in advance, if Baylor and Gonzaga were to play this Saturday in prime time, for most of the country I don't think it would move the needle much beyond the "hmm, maybe I'll check in on this one if I can remember that it's on" variety; not much different if it was say Kentucky/UNC who were ranked 1/2.The tournament is still a draw, but interest in the regular season/conference tournaments/individual coaches/players/rivalries just ain't what it used to be.

A new coach and regime with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm and passion will certainly change the atmosphere at the Joel back to the way it used to be.

The minute that SHAKA steps on campus as our new coach, the Joel will be back on its way to the way it used to be. :thumbsup:

So tired of the LJVM Tomb....

The same Shaka whose team lost by 40 last night? The bloom is long since off that rose. Sadly, he'd still be a big improvement over the status quo.

And what makes you think we are going to get a new coach, much less one with a winning attitude and some enthusiasm? If our AD had a winning attitude or any enthusiasm we wouldn't still have the current assclown. Currie is an incompetent stooge, same as his predecessor.

It's extremely rare for a new boss to walk in and make massively expensive change of a key employee on day one of a job. Particularly when hiring for that job is seasonal and because the hiring season is almost over, the most desirable candidates are unavailable.

Let's see what happens once Currie gas been on the job 10 months.

Also, hope and pray for a retirement announcement from Reynolda Hall.

It is so fucking sad that Wellman fired Gaudio for "lack of postseason success" and Wake hasn't sniffed the postseason since. And the year we made the play in game doesn't count.

Wellman is a fucking doucher!

It is so fucking sad that Wellman fired Gaudio for "lack of postseason success" and Wake hasn't sniffed the postseason since. And the year we made the play in game doesn't count.

No argument there.

61-31.

Give him a chance. A change is coming soon.

The motherfucker has been on the job for 10 months and hasn't done a goddamn thing to address the problem or, if he is unable to fix the problem at this time, explain why that is the case in an attempt to justify his inaction. Refusing to acknowledge the dead and bloated elephant in the room in any way whatsoever just keeps him on Wellman's level. Fuck that guy.

The same Shaka whose team lost by 40 last night? The bloom is long since off that rose. Sadly, he'd still be a big improvement over the status quo.

It was only by 38. And the TX defense didn't give up 100.

It's extremely rare for a new boss to walk in and make massively expensive change of a key employee on day one of a job. Particularly when hiring for that job is seasonal and because the hiring season is almost over, the most desirable candidates are unavailable.

Let's see what happens once Currie gas been on the job 10 months.

Also, hope and pray for a retirement announcement from Reynolda Hall.

He is already been on the job for over 10 months and hasn't done jack shit. He was named on March 3. There was that bullshit transition period, but it isn't like he didn't know from March 3 on what needs to be done.

The motherfucker has been on the job for 10 months and hasn't done a goddamn thing to address the problem or, if he is unable to fix the problem at this time, explain why that is the case in an attempt to justify his inaction. Refusing to acknowledge the dead and bloated elephant in the room in any way whatsoever just keeps him on Wellman's level. Fuck that guy.

You really expect a guy who with slightly over 8 (not 10) months on the job to come out and say something like, " I want to fire coach Manning, but Wake doesn't have the money to pay his buyout." That isn't happening!

How would you like to see the "acknowlegement?"

It was only by 38. And the TX defense didn't give up 100.

Just what we need. A guy that is giving up 97 points at Texas in a 38 point loss. Pretty sure Manning can do that on his own.

For what it is worth Shaka, should be available and it would be the LOWF thing to do.

You really expect a guy who with slightly over 8 (not 10) months on the job to come out and say something like, " I want to fire coach Manning, but Wake doesn't have the money to pay his buyout." That isn't happening!

Or to say "I would like to fire Manning now but it's financially advantageous to wait till the end of the season" just to appease some of the hotheads in our fan base?

Why not? The SOB has done nothing but bring shame to WFU for years, nothing wrong with shaming him back. "I would like to terminate Mr. Manning now, but, as you may have heard, there is a large buyout figure in his contract. Given our performance over the past few years, I have asked him to forego and/or significantly reduce that buyout, but he has chosen not to. He will be removed at the end of the season due to a reduction in that buyout at that time, and we have begun our search for his replacement to return Wake to its prior status as a relevant basketball program. We will continue to support our student athletes and staff through the remainder of the season."

Wellman didn't retire until May 1st

Again, Currie was named successor on March 3 and has known since then what needs to be done. And regardless, whether it is 8 months or 10 months, addressing this shitshow head on should have been priority #1 on day #1. Instead, he has failed to acknowledge it even exists.

Why not? The SOB has done nothing but bring shame to WFU for years, nothing wrong with shaming him back. "I would like to terminate Mr. Manning now, but, as you may have heard, there is a large buyout figure in his contract. Given our performance over the past few years, I have asked him to forego and/or significantly reduce that buyout, but he has chosen not to. He will be removed at the end of the season due to a reduction in that buyout at that time, and we have begun our search for his replacement to return Wake to its prior status as a relevant basketball program. We will continue to support our student athletes and staff through the remainder of the season."

if Bruce had been man enough for this kind of straight talk with Clarence regarding his diet, perhaps the Big Man would still be alive

Just what we need. A guy that is giving up 97 points at Texas in a 38 point loss. Pretty sure Manning can do that on his own.

For what it is worth Shaka, should be available and it would be the LOWF thing to do.

This. Shaka is ridiculously overrated on this board.

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of firing Gaudio. I just hate the idea of firing Gaudio for [Redacted].

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of firing Gaudio. I just hate the idea of firing Gaudio for [Redacted].

Agree. Just frustrating that was the "excuse" given. We all know now it was bullshit. Guess it is just karma for Wake basketball. Thanks Ron, you fucking asshole!

Back