• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

This is a common talking point I hear and is objectively false. Why is someone who is a record-setting loser a "good representative"? Just because he's not cheating or tagging waitresses in Mexican restaurant walk-in? That's a low ass bar.

Exactly - and why does it matter if he is well-liked, anyway. The guy is the worst coach the ACC has ever seen. (did any of us think someone would be worse than [Redacted]?)

Exactly - and why does it matter if he is well-liked, anyway. The guy is the worst coach the ACC has ever seen. (did any of us think someone would be worse than [Redacted]?)

No. We have had the great privilege of admiring these two on the Wake sideline in consecutive coaching tenures. Wake sure does know how to pick out historic coaching talent!

Now?

I wish. More likely after Day 1 of the ACC Tournament (another embarrassing first round loss) we shit-can DM.

Then watch the NCAA tournament and go after the top 2-3 mid-major guys that we can legitimately offer. Do not settle.

If that fails, then...I don't know.

We can't much lower than $4.8 M after SHAKA turned down $4.3 M, is having another average season and we are in TOILET again.

It's probably not bad idea to start at $5.0 - 5.5 M to show we are SERIOUS

True. But he’s on the hot seat again in Texas and might reconsider the Wake job, even if not quite as much money to start. But gets him into the ACC and out of Texas and the pressures there. Definitely would bring some enthusiasm to the program and fill the seats in the Joel. Maybe Texas wasn’t the right fit after all for him. Whatever we decide, it needs to make a big splash and the turnaround needs to happen sooner than later.

That is wrong. The buyout money has been there for several months and Currie was given the green light but also the freedom with timing to pull the trigger at such time as he sees fit. It is all on him at this point and, not surprisingly, he continues to fuck it up.

With a loss on our SUPER BOWL Sunday game against BC, Manning's 6th season Deacs will have slipped to 1-6 ACC and 8-9 overall. Sure sounds like a good time to shit can him. :thumbsup:

5aa81f5bd4a86.image.jpg

No. We have had the great privilege of admiring these two on the Wake sideline in consecutive coaching tenures. Wake sure does know how to pick out historic coaching talent!

And, worse than that, we don’t fire these clowns timely, even when it’s crystal clear it’s not going to work out. Hell it was clear after one season each of both Bzz and Manning they weren’t good fits and it just wasn’t going to work. There’s no honor in keeping a loser coach around for four and six years each. Fire them and move on.

Wake is DFL in the standings right now.... in SEASON 6!

Let's do this now and see if interim HC Walters can get the kids a few W's and out of the cellar while Currie gets Shaka signed, sealed and delivered- finally.

The second time is the charm! :cool:

We can't much lower than $4.8 M after SHAKA turned down $4.3 M, is having another average season and we are in TOILET again.

It's probably not bad idea to start at $5.0 - 5.5 M to show we are SERIOUS

If Wake is a good fit for him it won't matter. What can you do in Winston-Salem for $4.8 mil that you can't do with $4.3 mil (that's rhetorical). If you are making that kind of money I think at some point you say "I can live off $4.3 mil".

Manning is embarrassing Wake every game.

I used to think that he was good representation of the school was the one thing he had going for him. But then I begin to pay attention to some of his press conference is and I think he occasionally comes across like a jerk. Learned dismissiveness at the feet of Wellman.

It's really sad to say that [NR] and Mannequin are worse than Sidney Lowe and Bob Wade. Think about how bad they were. Then think Smellman went back to back with total suckage that was worse than Lowe and Wade. Those 2 coaches look like normal hires after this dumpster fire.

It's really sad to say that [NR] and Mannequin are worse than Sidney Lowe and Bob Wade. Think about how bad they were. Then think Smellman went back to back with total suckage that was worse than Lowe and Wade. Those 2 coaches look like normal hires after this dumpster fire.

Don't forget Staak! We have 3 of the 5 worst EVER.

Quick question for all you experts out there. With Wake going to the Pinstripe Bowl, other ACC teams going to various bowls, and Clemson representing the ACC in the National Championship, doesn’t each school get some sort of significant payout? As in millions of dollars? Seems like that’s how it works and each school in the conference gets some sort of payout. Is that enough to cover the DM buyout, or at least help with it? Can it be used for that purpose if the school decides to use it for that. Just curious.

Why is he well liked? His job performance is embarrassing and he comes across to me as just plain dumb. Listen to him talk.

We try not to.... this is all we ever hear:

- Oh, absolutely paint touches
- foul shots
-stay in front of your man

Manning has been a good representative for Wake and appears to be well-liked by the admins. He just hasn't won enough. I don't see Wake embarrassing him by firing him mid-season.

How the hell is Manning a good representative of the university?? Have you heard his post game interviews?

How low are the standards at Wake??

Quick question for all you experts out there. With Wake going to the Pinstripe Bowl, other ACC teams going to various bowls, and Clemson representing the ACC in the National Championship, doesn’t each school get some sort of significant payout? As in millions of dollars? Seems like that’s how it works and each school in the conference gets some sort of payout. Is that enough to cover the DM buyout, or at least help with it? Can it be used for that purpose if the school decides to use it for that. Just curious.
Figures from Forbes:
$66 million base payout
$6 million for Clemson’s semifinal berth in the Fiesta Bowl
$27.5 million for Virginia's berth in the Orange Bowl (average annual payout pursuant to a contract between the ACC and the Orange Bowl)
Total: $99.5 million (ND does not get a share of this, I think)

Schools get a travel cost payment so subtract some money from that total to cover that.
Roughly WF is getting something around $6 to $7 million from the bowl payouts (depending on travel cost payments).

It's not earmarked by the NCAA or ACC so WF can use that money for whatever it deems worthy.

Yeah, pretty such they all split it up evenly. but i’m sure wake was expecting this income as part of their budget. It’s the same every year. Maybe this year they’ll get more than usual because there were more teams in bowls? I just don’t know if the money coming in will go to the buyout jar, or to pay for other expenses.

So basically, I don’t know either. If anyone else does know that would be nice.

Back