• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Figures from Forbes:
$66 million base payout
$6 million for Clemson’s semifinal berth in the Fiesta Bowl
$27.5 million for Virginia's berth in the Orange Bowl (average annual payout pursuant to a contract between the ACC and the Orange Bowl)
Total: $99.5 million (ND does not get a share of this, I think)

Schools get a travel cost payment so subtract some money from that total to cover that.
Roughly WF is getting something around $6 to $7 million from the bowl payouts (depending on travel cost payments).

It's not earmarked by the NCAA or ACC so WF can use that money for whatever it deems worthy.

If Notre Dame gets a share I’ll lose my shit. That setup pisses me off so much.

Figures from Forbes:
$66 million base payout
$6 million for Clemson’s semifinal berth in the Fiesta Bowl
$27.5 million for Virginia's berth in the Orange Bowl (average annual payout pursuant to a contract between the ACC and the Orange Bowl)
Total: $99.5 million (ND does not get a share of this, I think)

Schools get a travel cost payment so subtract some money from that total to cover that.
Roughly WF is getting something around $6 to $7 million from the bowl payouts (depending on travel cost payments).

It's not earmarked by the NCAA or ACC so WF can use that money for whatever it deems worthy.

Cool. Thanks. Seems to me with our facilities in such great shape right now, the obvious #1 need in the athletic department right now is taking care of that buyout and righting the ship for our flagship sport (at least basketball historically has been until the last 10 years of a dumpster fire). Let’s do this now Currie!!!

The travel payments are going to be at least $0.5 million per school. So the net to Wake should be around $6 million. All the bowl money payouts except the playoff dollars are known well ahead of time and presumably already included in the Wake athletic budget income. The playoff money is probably the only real "gravy" from the bowls. What expenditure item that goes to, we don't know.

Correct.

He is very well liked.

By the handful of people still remaining around the program and the yes-men in the admin who haven't spoken up over the last 10 years. That's not exactly surprising.

BC was crushed last night at Syracuse.

Can Manning somehow find a way to win our DFL Super Bowl with the Eagles at home on Sunday?? :tard:

BC was crushed last night at Syracuse.

Can Manning somehow find a way to win our DFL Super Bowl with the Eagles at home on Sunday?? :tard:

Probably. We have 14 more games. Good chance we beat BC Sunday and we split with Clemson and UNC. Do not see us beating ND (two games), Louisville, Syracuse, Duke or State. Maybe we beat GT, could luck into win against UVA.

So maybe Manning and Wake can squeak out a 12/18 or 13/17 record.

Manning is currently 20 games UNDER .500 for his entire head coaching career.

Wellman fired a coach who was 30 games OVER .500 at Wake alone.

The rest is now history. :(

So, I emailed my concerns with the state of the men's basketball program to Mr. Currie. He replied back saying that he was very understanding of my concern and frustrations and thanked me for my passion to Wake Forest basketball.

On a side note, if we truly have this massive buyout. Do you think LOWF would be able to cover the buyout, hire a new coach and be able to give Clawson a raise to keep him around after next season when the BIG schools come calling for Clawson?

So, I emailed my concerns with the state of the men's basketball program to Mr. Currie. He replied back saying that he was very understanding of my concern and frustrations and thanked me for my passion to Wake Forest basketball.

On a side note, if we truly have this massive buyout. Do you think LOWF would be able to cover the buyout, hire a new coach and be able to give Clawson a raise to keep him around after next season when the BIG schools come calling for Clawson?

And that may be part of Currie's dilemma. How much does he need to hold in reserve for Clawson and staff? How much does that leave for a Manning buyout? How much is then available for hiring a new coach? We don't have those answers. Currie has to figure them out. Or find ways to make the pot bigger.

If consistently winning 6-8 games a year gets a WF head football coach a gig at a bigtime program we should be happy to take the buyout money.

I'm not too worried about Clawson going anywhere. The FB team finished the season 1-4 and Clawson still has never been above .500 in ACC play. Very happy with the direction of the program but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

the Wake Forest basketball fan base is completely gone. In the last 3 home games, the Deacs have had attendances of 4,873 against VT at 9pm, 5,277 against #10 FSU at 7:30pm, and 5,156 against NC A&T at 12pm. Combined, the last 3 home games would barely fill the 14,665 capacity of the Joel 1 time. The only game this season that has even managed to have an attendance of over 6,000 was the 6,118 against NC State, solely due to the number of Wolfpack fans in the coliseum.

The last time Wake Forest finished the season with a winning record in the ACC was the 2009-10 season, exactly 10 years ago. Since then, Wake is 123-177 overall (.412) and 42-122 in the ACC (.256). After a decade of mediocrity, it seems most of the fans have finally moved from dissatisfaction to straight up apathy (look no farther than this website, where lifelong, die hard fans admit that they don’t even remember when games are anymore). As far as sports go, there isn’t much worse than a fanbase that no longer cares.

Even if the Deacs manage to beat poor, pathetic BC in our Super Bowl, they're still gonna be behind poor, pathetic BC in the ACC standings.

the Wake Forest basketball fan base is completely gone. In the last 3 home games, the Deacs have had attendances of 4,873 against VT at 9pm, 5,277 against #10 FSU at 7:30pm, and 5,156 against NC A&T at 12pm.

My son was at this game and he said it was pitiful. Maybe 10 students and a large number of VT fans.

the Wake Forest basketball fan base is completely gone. In the last 3 home games, the Deacs have had attendances of 4,873 against VT at 9pm, 5,277 against #10 FSU at 7:30pm, and 5,156 against NC A&T at 12pm. Combined, the last 3 home games would barely fill the 14,665 capacity of the Joel 1 time. The only game this season that has even managed to have an attendance of over 6,000 was the 6,118 against NC State, solely due to the number of Wolfpack fans in the coliseum.

The last time Wake Forest finished the season with a winning record in the ACC was the 2009-10 season, exactly 10 years ago. Since then, Wake is 123-177 overall (.412) and 42-122 in the ACC (.256). After a decade of mediocrity, it seems most of the fans have finally moved from dissatisfaction to straight up apathy (look no farther than this website, where lifelong, die hard fans admit that they don’t even remember when games are anymore). As far as sports go, there isn’t much worse than a fanbase that no longer cares.

Your definition of mediocrity is absurdly generous.

There is nothing mediocre about a 25.6% winning percentage. That is absolute garbage.

It would be much easier to believe Birdman slept with 500 women than the attendance figures that have been published.

5aa81f5bd4a86.image.jpg

Totally agree

Back