• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

I disagree. Follow Dave Tepper's lead. He fired Rivera midseason and rode out the remaining games in a putrid season with a hapless flunky so that his job opening was front and center as soon as the season ended. There was no question about his opening and all the potential candidates knew it was available. As a result, he hired who he thinks was the best candidate out there. You snooze, you lose.

Yes, move on already. Walters interim.

Also firing dipshit now sends a message that losing is unacceptable. Accountability. Fuck DM he is an ass, and completely incompetent.

Also firing dipshit now sends a message that losing is unacceptable. Accountability. Fuck DM he is an ass, and completely incompetent.

We've had 10+ years of abject failure and total incompetence. I'm not sure any messages will be sent other than what is already widely accepted in that we really don't know how, or don't care, to run a P5 basketball program.

This is all a waste of breath.

Having said that, remove him from his duties for recruiting negligence and in game incompetence. He can push a broom around the joel for all I care. He'll keep cashing those checks but the cancer of his apparent apathy may go with him. Pick an interim and tell them they are coaching for a hiring recommendation at another program.

This is a common talking point I hear and is objectively false. Why is someone who is a record-setting loser a "good representative"? Just because he's not cheating or tagging waitresses in Mexican restaurant walk-in? That's a low ass bar.

I think it has been proven again and again that while this may be a low bar for you, it's the most important bar for WFU.

Currie will not fire Manning until at least the end of the season and probably not before the end of the NCAA tournament. He should have been let go like yesterday but Wake does not do things that way, it is all about image here since Hatch was hired. He will not survive the disastrous record this year but letting him go now is not an option for Currie.

Love that you can't fire a coach until after NCAA's. You fire a bad coach immediately when the season is over.

"Pearls before Swine" today, January 17, 2020 should be required viewing for all on here.

Currie will not fire Manning until at least the end of the season and probably not before the end of the NCAA tournament. He should have been let go like yesterday but Wake does not do things that way, it is all about image here since Hatch was hired. He will not survive the disastrous record this year but letting him go now is not an option for Currie.

I feel like we fired Bz the day the NCAA tournament started.

Image?? The only image Wake is projecting is of incompetent losers.

Nobody has mentioned/speculated where Sutton and Shah stand now on Manning. AIR, they were on-board and supportive of retaining him.

Currie must get them and Hatch to agree to a change....assuming Currie has come to grips with making his mentor Wellman look terrible.

Wellman made himself look terrible. Currie would only be cleaning up his mess. Plus, there was no huge outcry when Florida State fired Willie Taggart after 2 years during the season or when UNC Wilmington fired their BB coach in season. The standard reaction was either nothing, or wow, they are fed up with losing and it was time to make a change.

The standard Wake argument that we don't want to embarrass ourselves by firing too early or prevent anyone from wanting to coach with us unless we give them every opportunity to prove that they are actually incompetent is and always has been absurd.

If he fires Manning mid year, the contract may have some more obligations to him then. There could be a thing where if they fire him after the 2020 season, the contract obligations diminish greatly. That’s what I’ve heard from many people on here. If he gets fired mid year, they may have to pay a lot more.

"Pearls before Swine" today, January 17, 2020 should be required viewing for all on here.

Lazy ass.

1c092db012d80138dcfe005056a9545d

101 losses and counting at WFU for the Mannequin. How did we miss the landmark century mark in the Duke game summary? It is damn near impossible to keep a job long enough to lose that many in 5 1/2 yrs. Kind of takes the Wake Will Lead motto in the wrong direction.

Hard to fathom that a completely guaranteed contract means that he could literally go winless for years and still get paid. That’s why I think each win this year hurts us. The national embarrassment that would bring might be the only thing that would help people grasp the full scope of the idiocy of Ron Wellman’s actions.

Back