• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

How fucking hard is it to leave politics in the tunnels? I don't want to log on here and hear your fucking political views or talk politics. Just stop.

LOL. Triggered.

That’s not even a “political” post. Your boy Trump isn’t even the “bad guy” in the comparison. Grow a spine if you can hack a simple reference to a story in the news.

Currie's tweet sounded like "damning with faint praise." That is, over the top congratulations for a home win over a BC team with a better group of players injured than playing is a subtle way of showing the lack of any better wins.

Currie won't overtly undercut a coach in midseason. He will be publicly supportive until it is time to part ways. Remember that Currie has been Wake AD for only 6 months. He may need to justify any actions to his boss (Hatch), so he has to do his "due diligence" on all his key employees (coaches). This has to be particularly true when the obvious answer costs millions.

Another consideration, and reason to get this right is that Wake will be paying for Danny Manning through the 2024-2025 season. If another person is coaching Wake basketball starting in fall 2020, and needs to be let go before 2025, hypothetically, Wake could be paying three coaches at the same time. A prospective coach may look at the Wake situation and demand a five year deal because of the last 10 years of Wake basketball.

Currie has to get this right the first time.

Contrary to the thoughts of many on here, it's not just us "fans" who are bearing the brunt of our BB program's misery; it ain't been a picnic either for the 15 guys who wear the black and gold. So for Currie to congratulate the team after a decent ACC win is 100% appropriate. Who knows, maybe the guys can even walk across campus today and hear the occasional "nice game"; happy for them.

Contrary to the thoughts of many on here, it's not just us "fans" who are bearing the brunt of our BB program's misery; it ain't been a picnic either for the 15 guys who wear the black and gold. So for Currie to congratulate the team after a decent ACC win is 100% appropriate. Who knows, maybe the guys can even walk across campus today and hear the occasional "nice game"; happy for them.

Very true. And nice post. Maybe they will walk across campus with a little more pep in their step today. They deserve it. They played hard. That of course doesn’t change the fact that a big change is needed at the top of our basketball program to right this ship that has imploded for the last 10+ years. Do the right thing Currie! PLEASE!

9-8 (2-5) is not saving Manning's job.

Run the table and get an NCAAT bid, then yes we're stuck with him for another season.

That's what everyone said last year. Thinking that those in charge at Wake care half as much as you do will get you very disappointed.

9-8 (2-5) is not saving Manning's job.

Run the table and get an NCAAT bid, then yes we're stuck with him for another season.

At this point last season we were 8-9 (1-4) and he got another year. So you could argue that there has been improvement.

At this point last season we were 8-9 (1-4) and he got another year. So you could argue that there has been improvement.

Last year the AD was the guy who had just given Manning a long, lucrative contract extension. That isn't the case today.

Odds are not in their favor on this given there maybe were 10 students who went to the game

So sad. :(

During my time as a student at MSD in the mid '80's there maybe were 10 students who DIDN'T go to the game.

And we went to GREENSBORO for home games.

It's a big problem in our culture. See that story about Trump berating the generals who just whimpered about it. We like to talk a big game about rugged individualism, but people are hesitant to speak up.

Would you speak up in that situation knowing that you could be dismissed from service and potentially lose your retirement benefits because the child screaming at you is an insecure dickhead?

Odds are not in their favor on this given there maybe were 10 students who went to the game

LOL, no. There were two lower level sections full with students (104 and 103). I was impressed with the crowd and students given the season and the NFL playoffs.

I want Manning gone yesterday, but there is no need to make things up. The truth is more than enough.

LOL. There were more people there then I thought there would be, but there weren't two lower level sections full of anybody in the entire arena.

The endzone area around the band was more full than I thought it would be, but alot of that was 4th grade reading challenge participants/parents and that dance team.

The endzone area around the band was more full than I thought it would be, but alot of that was 4th grade reading challenge participants/parents and that dance team.

Well most of those are *technically* students.

LOL. There were more people there then I thought there would be, but there weren't two lower level sections full of anybody in the entire arena.

To the right of the band and the upper level were the elementary students. To the band’s left were the undergrads. I sat in the section next to them.

Hatch and the buyout, im hearing some donors and other big folks are getting antsy and worried that Manning will be back next year.

He's gone at the end of the season. There's no benefit to firing him mid season and I'm guessing it can only help the buyout amount by waiting. I personally think the Childress situation was a contributing factor in not firing him last year. Waiting until Brandon has finished his career here makes it easier.

Back