• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

At this point last season we were 8-9 (1-4) and he got another year. So you could argue that there has been improvement.

We're living Groundhog Day. Groundhog Decade. Cold January/February after cold January/February of terrible basketball and abysmal records, without hope in sight of change.

LOL. Triggered.

That’s not even a “political” post. Your boy Trump isn’t even the “bad guy” in the comparison. Grow a spine if you can hack a simple reference to a story in the news.

You post political shit all the time masquerading as posting about sports. We get it, you hate Trump and jerk off to Elizabeth Warren in a headdress pretending you're John Smith. Your TDS was amusing at first but now it's starting to get old so just stop please

If there were large amounts of undergrads there they were all studying and keeping their mouths shut

If there were large amounts of undergrads there they were all studying and keeping their mouths shut

I mean, they weren't going nuts for the big win over BC (please note sarcasm), but they were definitely there.

You post political shit all the time masquerading as posting about sports. We get it, you hate Trump and jerk off to Elizabeth Warren in a headdress pretending you're John Smith. Your TDS was amusing at first but now it's starting to get old so just stop please

Fuck Trump. MAGA My Ass Got Arrested

From The Athletic's ACC Power Rankings:

Sixth-year coach Danny Manning appears headed toward his third consecutive losing season, and his fifth overall with the Demon Deacons. The lucrative, largely guaranteed contract extension he received from former Wake athletic director Ron Wellman in 2017, after ending the program’s seven-year NCAA Tournament drought, continues to loom large, with attendance again low, apathy again high and another bottom-tier ACC finish almost certainly on the way. New AD John Currie, hired last March to lead his alma mater, knows the school’s proud basketball tradition well. After making the Big Dance 14 times in the 20-year stretch from 1991-2010, the Deacons are about to miss it for the ninth time in the previous 10 years. Everyone in Winston-Salem, including Manning and Currie, knows that’s simply not sustainable.

https://theathletic.com/1547508/202...-tier-teams-but-others-with-postseason-hopes/

To the right of the band and the upper level were the elementary students. To the band’s left were the undergrads. I sat in the section next to them.

I took both of these pictures during the game at the same time. I am pretty sure that one with the gold background is the section that the band sits in. If you saying the section to the left facing the court from the band, that is where that blue shirted dance team was sitting. Those seats on that side were generally emptier than on the side we were on. There wasn't two sections full of students at the game. Not even close.
ee77abfa21caf768c82da59be62196db.jpg
e6b1ee28a7ec96daf62f9e6e9575985e.jpg

The impression given during the telecast is a lot more damning than the actual attendance. It's so high school...you can hear the cheerleaders' chants echoing. There were a few times you could hear what one fan was yelling to the refs. Completely embarrassing.

It’s time! Currie knows it. Let’s make it happen and start fresh. Currie can get us back to where we once were by making a blockbuster hire and putting a huge stamp on his legacy in his first year as AD. Come on John! You remember sitting in those Screamin Demons seats in the early 90’s, as do I. The seats will fill up again. Go Deacs!

Cheerleaders chants? I heard ChrisL asking someone if they wanted a hot dog.

I took both of these pictures during the game at the same time. I am pretty sure that one with the gold background is the section that the band sits in. If you saying the section to the left facing the court from the band, that is where that blue shirted dance team was sitting. Those seats on that side were generally emptier than on the side we were on. There wasn't two sections full of students at the game. Not even close.
ee77abfa21caf768c82da59be62196db.jpg
e6b1ee28a7ec96daf62f9e6e9575985e.jpg

Neither of those pics show the student section. The students sit to the left of the band. Neither the band nor the students are in your pics.

Neither of those pics show the student section. The students sit to the left of the band. Neither the band nor the students are in your pics.
Isn't that section the 6th man is where the band sits? Those sections are you are talking about were not even close to being full come on be serious.

Last edited:
Isn't that section 6 where the band sits? Those sections are you are talking about were not even close to being full come on be serious.

I don’t know what you mean by section 6. The band sits in 101. The students sit in 102 to 104. Most of the students were in 103 and 104, both of which had students from the first to last rows. I’m sure there were open seats, but I was next to them and they were 90% full.

The post I responded to indicated there were 10 students (just like an earlier post indicated there would be 500 total people). My point was there were a lot more than 10 students and 500 people, and there is no reason to make up false narratives.

I don’t know what you mean by section 6. The band sits in 101. The students sit in 102 to 104. Most of the students were in 103 and 104, both of which had students from the first to last rows. I’m sure there were open seats, but I was next to them and they were 90% full.

The post I responded to indicated there were 10 students (just like an earlier post indicated there would be 500 total people). My point was there were a lot more than 10 students and 500 people, and there is no reason to make up false narratives.

Why do you care so much?

Yeah section 101 is the section where the 6th man gold backing sign is there above the section on the box seat wall in that picture You can see from the picture of the back of that section is more empty then filled with people. Yeah there were more than 10 students and more than 500 people there. I would say actual people at the game was probably 4500-5000.

I don't have a picture of it but 103 and 104 were two of the more empty sections downstairs

Good question. I guess there is just a lot of inaccurate stuff posted here, so sometimes I try to correct/clarify it. Probably not worth it.
does it really help being just as inaccurate claiming that there were sections full of students when there weren't?

does it really help being just as inaccurate claiming that there were sections full of students when there weren't?

Chris, it’s a little hard to have this conversation if you don’t even know which section the band and students are in.

Chris, it’s a little hard to have this conversation if you don’t even know which section the band and students are in.
Yeah I haven't been to the Joel that much since the shity basketball product we've been putting on the floor the last decade that I don't remember the basketball sections but I know that the band sits in the endzone section under the bucket which is that section that the 6-man sign shows is clearly mostly empty in the back.

Is the fact that I didn't even notice that there was a student section there indicative that it wasn't full of students? When an actual student section is full that's pretty much unavoidable

You wonder why people call you in ad stooge?

Back