• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL: Predict the wins in basketball...

How many regular season basketball games will the Buzz-led Deacs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The schedule is so easy I went 17-18. Had 16-17 been an option, I would have taken that.

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but it sucks that the Carolina game is over Winter break. Will allow even more Carolina fans in instead of the students that only show up against big names.

The problem with predicting this is that I don't follow college BB like I used to because of [Redacted], so I'm not sure how good the ACC will be. Plus, any scrub-ass team could beat us, and I don't know a thing about those schools.

I picked 15-16, but more towards 15. I know I said 16 earlier, but just went through the ACC rosters in detail, and I feel like I have to be pretty optimistic to get to 7-11. Then figure 8-5 OOC (fairly pessimistic, but, after last year, can you really blame me?).

There are just very few teams in the ACC that will be worse than they were last year. VT, maybe Clemson, definitely Miami, and probably NCSU. Duke and maybe Carolina too, but they'll still be elite*. And then we trade second games with GT, BC, MD, and FSU for a 2nd game with Carolina and games with Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh.

*Ok, so I just listed half of last year's ACC, but all of the additions should be, imo, better than last year's ACC mean.

FWIW, I was a game under '11-12 and a game above last season. Third time is the charm, maybe. (I'm just pretending '10-11 didn't happen).

Last edited:
One more than the number Wellman will claim at the end of the year he felt all along we needed to win to cling to the argument that we are on the road to historical competitiveness.

Pretty much this. Unless some higher power steps in and stops Ron Wellman, he'll find "progress" and make a plea that Buzz (fuck the fans) deserves to coach his prize recruit point guard, a healthy Green, and so on and so on. Obviously Buzz's feelings and Wellman's (faulty) judgment are more important than all the fans, alumni and students at Wake, not to mention the win-loss record and the continuing national embarrassment.

I said 17-18 because of the easy OOC schedule. I see us winning 10 games out of conference (9 at home+1 in Atlantis), then going 7-11 in the conference to get to 17.

That being said, I have overpicked the past two years if I recall correctly. The home conference schedule is about as hard as it gets, and as we all know, we do not win on the road, so I may be a couple high.

The poll needs a "Don't Know and Don't Care" option.

No it doesn't. It's quite reasonable to assume anyone who posts on a Wake Forest message board and then opens a thread about Wake Forest basketball actually cares about Wake Forest basketball.

I picked 21-22 because it was the only option in italics, so I figured it must be the correct answer.

No it doesn't. It's quite reasonable to assume anyone who posts on a Wake Forest message board and then opens a thread about Wake Forest basketball actually cares about Wake Forest basketball.

... no matter how many times he tells us otherwise...

not enough to be good, but enough to create the illusion of improvement..

Back