• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL: Predict the wins in basketball...

How many regular season basketball games will the Buzz-led Deacs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most Likely A Win (9-0)
COLGATE
VMI
PRESBYTERIAN
JACKSONVILLE
THE CITADEL
TULANE
RICHMOND
ST. BONAVENTURE
UNCG

Toss Up (7-5)
vs. Iowa/Tennessee/UTEP/Xavier
at Clemson
at Virginia Tech
at Miami
NC STATE
GEORGIA TECH
at Maryland
FLORIDA STATE
CLEMSON
at Virginia
at Xavier
BC

Most Likely a Loss (0-10)
vs. Kansas
vs. USC or Villanova
NORTH CAROLINA
at Pittsburgh
NOTRE DAME
SYRACUSE
DUKE
at Duke
at North Carolina
at NC State

16-15 (6-12), which includes giving them the benefit of the doubt winning all the "toss-up" home ACC games plus two games on the road

Last edited:
Most Likely A Win (9-0)
COLGATE
VMI
PRESBYTERIAN
JACKSONVILLE
THE CITADEL
TULANE
RICHMOND
ST. BONAVENTURE
UNCG

At least one, probably two of those games are losses.

Toss Up (7-5)
vs. Iowa/Tennessee/UTEP/Xavier
at Clemson
at Virginia Tech
at Miami
NC STATE
GEORGIA TECH
at Maryland
FLORIDA STATE
CLEMSON
at Virginia
at Xavier
BC

Most Likely a Loss (0-10)
vs. Kansas
vs. USC or Villanova
NORTH CAROLINA
at Pittsburgh
NOTRE DAME
SYRACUSE
DUKE
at Duke
at North Carolina
at NC State

Agreed...

16-15 (6-12), which includes giving them the benefit of the doubt winning all the "toss-up" home ACC games plus two games on the road

I cannot see us winning more than two ACC road games. And two is probably a stretch...

Last edited:
I cannot see us winning more than two ACC road games. And two is probably a stretch...

While I agree in theory, Clemson and VT will still be real bad this year, and Miami and State pretty much lost their entire line-ups, so 2 is actually possible. Though ain't no way @UVA should be in the toss-up category - they're loaded with everyone back.

I think there will be more surprise losses (is that even possible anymore?) than surprise wins this season. Depth will be a significant factor. That makes 13-14 look about right to me.

Which one is the historically competitive option?

Hasn't Richmond beaten us the last two or three seasons?

I believe so. And, Presbyterian won the last time they played us and UNCG only lost by 2-3 points.

VMI probably wouldn't win against many local YMCA lunch teams.

I said 16 on another thread. This thread has convinced me that it would take a lot of work to get to 16. 13-14 seems more likely.

don't forget that for many of those "cupcakes" on the schedule we will be their "super bowel... i mean bowl." they will really want a win over an acc school. this season is shaping up to look "good" with a significant jump in wins (yes, over a terrible schedule) or nearly as bad as the first year (because of how terrible the schedule is). i keep thinking that this really is the "do or die" and "all or nothing year." then i remember wellman is in charge and everyone that matters has been fed lies (and believed them) from the beginning and i realize if it's up to ron bzz is back and maybe even extended.

let's hope that decision is not up to ron.

Don't forget, McClinton is a maybe due to his ACL. Year four we shouldn't be this damn thin.

Remember, we had to rid ourselves of all of the "bad apples" and "hooligans." Don't blame Bz, blame Dino, right?

don't forget that for many of those "cupcakes" on the schedule we will be their "super bowel... i mean bowl." they will really want a win over an acc school. this season is shaping up to look "good" with a significant jump in wins (yes, over a terrible schedule) or nearly as bad as the first year (because of how terrible the schedule is). i keep thinking that this really is the "do or die" and "all or nothing year." then i remember wellman is in charge and everyone that matters has been fed lies (and believed them) from the beginning and i realize if it's up to ron bzz is back and maybe even extended.

let's hope that decision is not up to ron.

I think that if it were solely up to Ron, he would have extended him already as a big "Fuck you, buddy" to the "lunatic fringe." For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe their is someone/something holding Ron back that has kept the extension from happening already.

I think that if it were solely up to Ron, he would have extended him already as a big "Fuck you, buddy" to the "lunatic fringe." For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe their is someone/something holding Ron back that has kept the extension from happening already.

likely right. i view that "somebody" more as him realizing how many times he has had to explain to the "important people" why bzz is on the right track. if you hear "are you sure ron? ok. i'm in i guess." too often i imagine you are careful what battles you fight... then again it is ron "ego maniac" wellman so all bets are off.

likely right. i view that "somebody" more as him realizing how many times he has had to explain to the "important people" why bzz is on the right track. if you hear "are you sure ron? ok. i'm in i guess." too often i imagine you are careful what battles you fight... then again it is ron "ego maniac" wellman so all bets are off.

I think the bold has been the primary determinant of RW's actions for over three years now. It's amazing that the powers that be at Wake are so gullible that they continue to buy in to this charade.

Last edited:
Can someone find last years poll and link it

I kind of tried; I failed

thanks

thank you

now doofus (or it numbers), can finally shut the fuck up about me not correctly guessing the wins

You had a thread that either you started, one of your parodies started, or you responded early on, saying we would win 3 OOC games. If you make a variety of guesses it's pretty easy to claim correctness in the future.

"Moonz I noticed that you didn't put down anything fewer than 8. That's strange since you only think we will win 3 games in the non-conference portion of the schedule, yet will play roughly 5-7 more games in the non-conference that will be easier than every game we play in the ACC except for BC.

If you think we're only going to win 3 non-conference games, you should have us winning roughly 6 games overall."

You had a thread that either you started, one of your parodies started, or you responded early on, saying we would win 3 OOC games. If you make a variety of guesses it's pretty easy to claim correctness in the future.

"Moonz I noticed that you didn't put down anything fewer than 8. That's strange since you only think we will win 3 games in the non-conference portion of the schedule, yet will play roughly 5-7 more games in the non-conference that will be easier than every game we play in the ACC except for BC.

If you think we're only going to win 3 non-conference games, you should have us winning roughly 6 games overall."

Just admit I nailed it, as I will again this year.

Back