• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL: Predict the wins in basketball...

How many regular season basketball games will the Buzz-led Deacs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If nothing else, this should be a fascinating season. Almost impossible to know how it's going to go. If Devin stays healthy, Coron shoots it well, CMM takes a step forward... We could totally be a good team. There's talent with at least a little bit of depth everywhere but the 5. We're a team that beat NC State and Miami with CJ Harris only hitting 3 field goals combined in the 2nd halves of those games. No more excuses about youth, lack of talent, etc... We finally have the bodies and some experience. All [Redacted] players minus Travis.

This is also a team that got swept by Georgia Tech and Maryland, and somehow managed to win zero ACC road games. Hardly seams possible. Beat FSU by almost 30 at home, turn around 2 weeks later and lose to them by double digits. That team might top out at 12 wins.

Outside of North Carolina, Syracuse, and Duke, there are no sure things in the ACC next year - and we only have to play Syracuse once. Exactly the kind of year Prosser used to push middle-of-the-pack talent up into the top 5 or 6.

I could see us melting down, losing to a horrible OC opponent, the "Fire [Redacted]" chants ringing through the rafters by mid-season... Or what I think is a pretty damn good group of players could come together, despite the coaching or lack thereof, and take a big step forward.

Either way, it's the judgment year for [Redacted], it's a total toss-up in the conference with Notre Dame, Pitt, and Syracuse entering... Even if we suck the Wellman fallout will be crazy to watch... I'm an optimist so I think I said 18 wins, but overall just pass the popcorn and watch this thing blow up.

Just admit I nailed it, as I will again this year.

There's no way in hell Wake only wins 12 games this year. You have no chance. I can't imagine any scenario barring major injuries (and I don't count Daniel Green) that we do any worse than 14 or 15 wins. We would have to go something like 3-15 in the conference to only win 12 games. We're playing one of the easiest schedules in Wake history in the non-conference.

deacfan -

As I recall, last year most of us OVER-estimated Buzz's ability to win basketball games.

Eh ?

No offense but where did you grasp this last year ?

TCU beat Kansas and Oklahoma at home last year. Not that surprising that a bad team has a couple of inspired performances at home.

Bztanic. 4.0

The real Titanic was more merciful than this. At least it was over quickly for those poor bastards.

Bztanic. 4.0

The real Titanic was more merciful than this. At least it was over quickly for those poor bastards.

didn't it take like 3 hours for the ship to sink all the way?

still less painful.

As I recall, last year most of us OVER-estimated Buzz's ability to win basketball games.

deacfan -

Eh ?

No offense but where did you grasp this last year ?

Last year almost 70% of us picked the Buzz led Deacons to win more than 13 games. Yes it's hard to believe, but Buzz failed to meet the expectations of 70% of the fanbase that already had no confidence in him.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...Buzz-3-Predict-The-Wins/page11?highlight=Poll

Last edited:
Buzz Suckanotheryear

Buzz.jpg

Buzz Suckanotheryear, Part 4 - The Saga Continues...

24 and there's so much more.

Get ready to be fed some FuZzy BuZzy BaLLs ...

"BuZz in and BaLLs DeEP" TM

I said 11-12 wins. I think we win the following

1. BREVARD
2. COLGATE
3. VMI
4. PRESBYTERIAN
5. JACKSONVILLE
6. THE CITADEL
7. TULANE
8. UNCG
9. GT
10. Clemson
11. BC

Maybe we get lucky at home to beat NC State or on the road versus VT for win #12 but no way we win both. We lose in the first round of the ACC tournament. If we fail to win at VT then we go winless on the road for the year.

If Brevard doesn't count then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he beats St. Bonaventure.

Back