• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL: Predict the wins in basketball...

How many regular season basketball games will the Buzz-led Deacs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This team lacks size, PG, and a coach. Only the weak schedule gets us a 10+ win season.

I said 17 which I admit is a best case scenario. I will assume we will beat 7 of the eight cupcakes(not including Richmond as cupcake) from OCC schedule. Six to Seven from the ACC. Steal 3 to 4 others along the way. This would be the best that we can achieve and just probably enough for Emperor Wellman to justify improvement to historical competitiveness so that he can keep Buzz for another year.

if we per chance drop one of the first 6 games.....................................it will not be pretty at all...just saying

We have such an easy preseason schedule I just cant imagine that we won't win 15. If Devin has ANY injuries though we probably won't break double digits. That is how thin we are. That is crazy. Bz is in his 4th year, and if one player (and not even a top 15 player in the conference) goes down for us, then we are toast against EVERYONE.

Our starting 5 if Devin goes down:

PG: Madison Jones
SG: Codi Miller McIntyre
SF: Travis McKie
PF: Arnaud Moto
C: Tyler Cavanaugh

Replacements off the bench:
PG: Coron Williams
SG: Miles Overton
SF: Greg McClinton
PF: Aaron Roundtree
C: Andre Washington

Devin is so ridiculously important. So sad.

We have such an easy preseason schedule I just cant imagine that we won't win 15. If Devin has ANY injuries though we probably won't break double digits. That is how thin we are. That is crazy. Bz is in his 4th year, and if one player (and not even a top 15 player in the conference) goes down for us, then we are toast against EVERYONE.

Our starting 5 if Devin goes down:

PG: Madison Jones
SG: Codi Miller McIntyre
SF: Travis McKie
PF: Arnaud Moto
C: Tyler Cavanaugh

Replacements off the bench:
PG: Coron Williams
SG: Miles Overton
SF: Greg McClinton
PF: Aaron Roundtree
C: Andre Washington

Devin is so ridiculously important. So sad.

Don't forget, McClinton is a maybe due to his ACL. Year four we shouldn't be this damn thin.

That happens... after you select it. But I was going to demand the voter out themselves, so thanks.

It's a public poll so you can see who voted for what. You're right, I didn't vote because it was italics, just trying to be funny.

14-15 wins. If we're unlucky and underestimate VT, Clemson, State and FSU could be less. If we're lucky and pull off an upset of UNC, Pitt, Cuse, ND, VA, we could get to 16-17. We won't be a trong inside team, or a great shooting team, and defense, who knows. Can't see more than 17 wins under any circumstances.

People are forgetting to factor in "BRUTAL EXTREME ACADEMIC TUESDAYS". Six Tuesday games, two of which are non-conference so expect loses to St. Bonaventure and VMI due to [Redacted]'s BEAT theory.

Back