• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: Will Jeff [Redacted] be fired at the end of this season?

Will [Redacted] be fired at year end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haros

Reaction score
99% of us know that we have essentially a lame duck coach that isn't going to get the job done here. Just for some fun, here's a poll:

The poll is not whether he should be fired. I'm asking your opinion as to whether Ron Wellman, Nathan Hatch, or whoever else is in charge will pull the trigger at season's end, which would start the new era in about 3 months.

I think we'd actually have to go backwards from our dismal last 2 years for Wellman to pull the trigger. Any gains on our win/loss record will be seen as marked improvements and will be reason to give him another year. I really do hope I'm wrong though.

How come there's not a "if there is a God in Heaven" option? We're proof that Hell exists

I think Wellman is going to give him one more year but I'd like to see him fired today.

I think we'd actually have to go backwards from our dismal last 2 years for Wellman to pull the trigger. Any gains on our win/loss record will be seen as marked improvements and will be reason to give him another year. I really do hope I'm wrong though.

We won't win more games than last season.

I'm very frightened because I wouldn't be completely shocked if one of those bottom two scenarios actually happens.

The real problem with this poll is that winning more than 12 games / post season don't seem like imaginable circumstances.

I thought of that right after I set it up. Think of that option as 'regardless of record' if it makes you feel better. Regardless of which "Yes" bucket you put your answer in, it won't change the way I assess the responses in the end.

We won't win more games than last season.
I don't think so either. And if that happens, with those inevitable postseason "Remember when Wake used to be good?" stories coming out from Andy Katz and such, I don't see any way Wellman could justify keeping him.

Voted for the 12-game option, but am afraid that as long as he gets to double digit wins, he'll be back for another year.

I voted with my heart. It wants him gone by January 1, 2013 - or sooner.

I voted with my heart. It wants him gone by January 1, 2013 - or sooner.

I wanted to vote with my heart as well, but instead went with my sense of the inner workings of our current AD. All signs lead to his arrogance taking the program to an even greater downturn. I'm starting to think the only way Bz goes is if his good buddy goes with him. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I wanted to vote with my heart as well, but instead went with my sense of the inner workings of our current AD. All signs lead to his arrogance taking the program to an even greater downturn. I'm starting to think the only way Bz goes is if his good buddy goes with him. I do hope I'm wrong though.

So you hope that Wellman stays?

I'm terrified he stays. Then again that's eventually the end of Ron.

Back