• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: Will Jeff [Redacted] be fired at the end of this season?

Will [Redacted] be fired at year end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see us being pretty competitive in a large portion of ACC games and due to moral victories and effort we won't see any change any 2014 if it happens at all.

Tough choice between yes, moving backwards and no, Ron will give him 1 more year. Went with the former because I figure the Deacon Club and BOV may pressure Ron.

The trouble is I don't like Ron having unfettered discretion in making the next hire if he does fire Buzzdick. I can see him making another bad hire and relegating us to the bottom echelon of the ACC for the better part of a decade.

Chose the one-more-year option. Sadly, I think Wellman gives him one more chance to make the NIT next year. It truly sucks, but I just don't see any way he fires his boy after only 3 seasons, as miserable as they are and have been.

I see us being pretty competitive in a large portion of ACC games and due to moral victories and effort we won't see any change any 2014 if it happens at all.

We play 18 conference games. According to KenPom:

Games we are favored in: 1
Games we are a single-digit underdog: 7
Games we are a double-digit underdog: 10

We would have to "overachieve" to be pretty competitive in a large portion of ACC games.

By the way, something I just noticed counting that up. In our first 10 conference games, we are favored against BC, 9 point dogs hosting Virginia, and a double-digit underdog in the other 8 games. In other words, it's pretty likely we start 1-9 in conference. 6 of our 7 "easiest" conference games are in our last 8 games.

If Bz is back next year it will get really ugly. Right now the fans are stuck in apathy stage for the most part. Instead of hatred most fans have switched to simply ignoring the program. If Bz continues on this downward spiral and we still retain him for the following season I think you will see home fans mercilessly booing Bz, scathing op-eds, etc.... Under no possible scenario (and when I say possibly I mean there is NO possibility we win enough games this year to make it even a question) can I see Bz coming back next year.

If Bz is back next year it will get really ugly. Right now the fans are stuck in apathy stage for the most part. Instead of hatred most fans have switched to simply ignoring the program. If Bz continues on this downward spiral and we still retain him for the following season I think you will see home fans mercilessly booing Bz, scathing op-eds, etc.... Under no possible scenario (and when I say possibly I mean there is NO possibility we win enough games this year to make it even a question) can I see Bz coming back next year.

We may get to that point before this season is over...

If we win less games than last year he is gone. If we have single digits in wins there is absolutely no way to justify keeping him.

I will be booing him non-stop on Feb 9th if he is still around. I hope to take a collection of fellow Wake Forest fans to show how much we hate him and want him gone.

We play 18 conference games. According to KenPom:

Games we are favored in: 1
Games we are a single-digit underdog: 7
Games we are a double-digit underdog: 10

We would have to "overachieve" to be pretty competitive in a large portion of ACC games.

By the way, something I just noticed counting that up. In our first 10 conference games, we are favored against BC, 9 point dogs hosting Virginia, and a double-digit underdog in the other 8 games. In other words, it's pretty likely we start 1-9 in conference. 6 of our 7 "easiest" conference games are in our last 8 games.

Good analysis and not surprised by those numbers. I guess my comment was in blind hope of us overachieving. I see us definitely losing double digit conference games but playing a good deal of them pretty close. Hopefully we capitalize on the Bolded.

6 of our 7 "easiest" conference games are in our last 8 games.

Until you factor in the trend we've seen the last two seasons of other "bad" ACC teams improving at a quicker pace than we have throughout the season. What looks easier now according to the stats probably won't look as easy then.

Based on the first thirty minutes of our game Saturday night, it appeared we were improving. Now I wonder if we could get any worse.

Based on the first thirty minutes of our game Saturday night, it appeared we were improving. Now I wonder if we could get any worse.

That could also be because Seton Hall played a remarkably bad game until the last 10 minutes. I agree that we looked solid, but it's worth pointing out just how terrible they looked.

I will be booing him non-stop on Feb 9th if he is still around. I hope to take a collection of fellow Wake Forest fans to show how much we hate him and want him gone.

I'll be right there with you. Only national TV game of the year. It would be hard to ignore audible booing of the coach on national tv.

He will get at least 1 more year. I would be shocked if Wellman canned him after 1 year with "his recruits."

That could also be because Seton Hall played a remarkably bad game until the last 10 minutes. I agree that we looked solid, but it's worth pointing out just how terrible they looked.

I have a bad feeling that those last 10 minutes told the rest of our schedule exactly how to demolish us. Bzz certainly has not track record of finding new was to compete. It's like he starts the season with one game blueprint and stubbornly keeps building that ship despite all evidence saying the lake is drying and you better start building a car instead. Not bzz. He knows he right way damn it and he'll keep building. It's one reason why his teams are never better end of season that early on.

I at least understand the reasoning behind keeping Bz until the end of the year. I don't agree with it, but I suppose you can make a case that it will show future coaches that if we gave this guy 3 years, you can at least expect the same.

It's odd - I've sort of just sat through the last couple years under the assumption of "he'll get 3 total years, then we can fire him and move on." Don't even know how I would react if he's not canned this summer. It's unconscionable.

Back