• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Positives

I think folks need to separate pass blocking from run blocking in their assessment of the OL. Also consider the opponent. Cuse could be the worst team we face this season.

Tanner, Givens, and Camp were major bright spots. Probably the best game from each. We've got at least 23 more games with those three.

Nikita disappeared. I'd have to rewatch the game to have a better idea why, but they were just moving the pile at will in the 4th quarter.

Wrong, Ph. Nikita played a great game - if you look at the goal line score towards the end of the game, Nikita single handedly pushed the center in the backfield, which negated a pulling guard, but unfortunatley J.Jackson couldn't hold them up.

Great game Nikita.

Wrong, Ph. Nikita played a great game - if you look at the goal line score towards the end of the game, Nikita single handedly pushed the center in the backfield, which negated a pulling guard, but unfortunatley J.Jackson couldn't hold them up.

Great game Nikita.

Nikita played well, but he got worn down I think. That's not his fault, as apparently he played every snap since none of our other DT's are listed as playing at all. I don't know if Wilber play well or not last night, but I do know I didn't hear his name much.

Outside of F$U, I think every ACC game that Wake plays is winnable this season.

I've got a positive. John Bunting didn't mention chop block one time during our game last night and would've bet money he would have multiple times.

I think folks need to separate pass blocking from run blocking in their assessment of the OL. Also consider the opponent. Cuse could be the worst team we face this season.

Ahh yes, the team that won their bowl game last year could be worse than Gardner-Webb or Duke.

I'm all for making a point, but let's not get carried away here

Eh, I don't really count FCS games when I look at the schedule. Cuse was not a good team.

Givens had a great game.......even though it appeared he was limping quite a bit. I kow that Grobe has been on his case the past week. Well, I think Chris really came through, played tough and re-established himself as a one of the better WRs around.

Outside of F$U, I think every ACC game that Wake plays is winnable this season.

You're very lucky they don't do drug testing where you work......

Do you want to share some of what you've got?

Eh, I don't really count FCS games when I look at the schedule. Cuse was not a good team.

Well, this will be answered a week from Saturday. At least we don't have to wait long for a comparison.

Maybe it was just me (and all the beers I was drinking) but I thought Bud Noel look REALLY good. Aside from that TD to tie the game when the QB threw a great pass on a really tough route to defend, he looked really promising.

Maybe it was just me (and all the beers I was drinking) but I thought Bud Noel look REALLY good. Aside from that TD to tie the game when the QB threw a great pass on a really tough route to defend, he looked really promising.

agreed

I think one of the reasons we stopped getting as much pressure on the QB in the second half was that they essentially stopped using any straight dropbacks. We got almost all of our pressure from the inside, and most every passing play they ran was a designed rollout to get away from the pressure. A good adjustment, because we blew up their passing game in the first half.

Another positive--if Tanner stays in the game, we win going away. No question about it.

Agreed. Of course, our defense bit on every fake. You'd think they had 3 or 4 balls on the field.

They did a close up on Nakita at the end of the 4th during that last td SU got in regulation he was gassed. Huffing and puffing sweating like a cow just beat and I can't blame him he played his ass off.

And apparently he played every snap.

Back