• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Positives

We did have some pressure on the rollouts, but their QB did a good job throwing on the run.

Newman makes a FG he normally hits or doesn't have his plant foot slip on an extra point PhDeac and company don't have as much to post about...

Newman makes a FG he normally hits or doesn't have his plant foot slip on an extra point PhDeac and company don't have as much to post about...

That may have changed the outcome but not the problems. I'm not the only who sees the problems with Grobe's approach. What's the point of positive players if they're going to be misused? Tanner, Givens, Camp, and Harris should be the core of a potent offense. Our defensive players have to get rest to be fresh for the 4th.

Wrong, Ph. Nikita played a great game - if you look at the goal line score towards the end of the game, Nikita single handedly pushed the center in the backfield, which negated a pulling guard, but unfortunatley J.Jackson couldn't hold them up.

Great game Nikita.

Justin should have played more. They should have played him before they needed a goal line stand.It was too late then. Missed tackles in open field is another area we need to fix.

That may have changed the outcome but not the problems. I'm not the only who sees the problems with Grobe's approach. What's the point of positive players if they're going to be misused? Tanner, Givens, Camp, and Harris should be the core of a potent offense. Our defensive players have to get rest to be fresh for the 4th.

As one who normally backs the coaching decisions, I've gotta agree with Ph on this one. Newman getting those two kicks would have glossed over several problems with the game. The lack of fresh D can be partially blamed on a stupid decision in a pick up truck. The lack of ball movement to end both halves when we had plenty of time and time outs can be completely blamed on Grobe.

Wrong, Ph. Nikita played a great game - if you look at the goal line score towards the end of the game, Nikita single handedly pushed the center in the backfield, which negated a pulling guard, but unfortunatley J.Jackson couldn't hold them up.

Great game Nikita.

This. I watched Nikita on the slow motion replay and he got under the center's pads and pushed him straight back 3-4 yards. JJ got to the play, which was great, but was unable to stop the ball carrier.

Back