• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible football opponent for next year

OK, confusing, but if there are enough bowl-eligible teams I guess we would be on the outside looking in at 6-6 with 2 FCS wins

Last edited:
OK, confusing, but if there are enough bowl-eligible teams I guess we would be on the outside looking in at 6-6 with 2 FCS wins

With two FCS wins our record for the purposes of bowl selection would be 5-6, and we would therefore be ineligible. If there aren't enough eligible teams it goes to that wonky academic achievement selection process, in which case we're set anyway.

We use to play and sometimes lose to Appalachian State. I remember one year we fought them to a tie and got bumped from a bowl but that was before all the ESPN bowls, I think it was under Dooley. We should go for some weaker FBS team if we can find one.

I can't think of a worse game to schedule than to play a good FCS team that won't count towards bowl eligibility.

1st game vs Presby(Thurs Night)
2nd game @ BC (Friday night espn)
3rd game vs Louisiana Monroe
4th game @ Army

= 4-0!!!

Not looking forward to ULM one bit.

I assumed pigskin4life's post was confirmation?

Friday night games were supposed to be part of the new deal with ESPN. Am surprised they would put two bad teams from last year on

Either we get ESPN Friday Night or relegated to ESPN3 on Saturday. I would rather have the national exposure, as long as the game is not in Winston. I certainly hope that these Friday night games are only played at the legacy Big East schools in the northeast. Would hate to ever have a Friday night game in Winston.

I think it's a guaranteed Friday night ESPN game. I recall that BC and Syracuse has some clause in the new TV deal that they would play games on Friday nights or something. I don't remember the specifics though.

"Per the extension, ESPN has the right to televise three Friday ACC football contests annually which will include a standing commitment from Boston College and Syracuse to each host one game as well as an afternoon or evening game on Thanksgiving Friday."

Is ULM supposed to be substantially worse than they were this year? Because if not, we're losing that game.

Back