• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post Your Loot

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Turntable and stand/rack
Phish-Fuego vinyl
Radiohead-In Rainbows vinyl
Otis Redding vinyl
Widespread Panic vinyl
DeWalt Jigsaw
SiriusXM receiver
Homeland Season 3
Cards Against Humanity
Gift cards
Trailer wiring harness for the new car

There are some fancypants things on this thread; goes without saying, but we are a fortunate group of people.

Highlights of my loot:
- LeCreuset 5qt oval french oven in green (it is so pretty, I just want to hold it and pet it)
- SmartWool running shorts
- an ice cream maker (it's a ball that you put the ingredients in one side, the rock salt/etc in the other, and throw it around until you have ice cream)
- a case of wine (thanks, big brother!) and a sizable gift card to the growler-fill station down the street

Highlights of the day:
- Jason's face when he opened up a set of magnets that are all various photos of Jackson
- J's sister's excitement over the lululemon scarf we got for her
- Mimosas and then beers while playing games with friends
- Getting to talk to my whole family as they passed the phone around

Mostly cash but other highlights include a nice versatile coat, a Chromecast, and a smorgasbord of date-night gift cards.

From the wife a Foodsaver, Thomas Keller sous vide cookbook, monogrammed wallet, bottle of bourbon

In laws: cookbooks, books, BN gift card, tie

Parents: Amazon gift card, bar cart, shoes, molecular gastronomy cocktail kit, whip cream canister

Have you been using a sous vide often? That's pretty high up on my wish list. thoughts?

A bunch of Home Depot gift cards, a Gap gift card. An OU hoodie that I'm ashamed to wear this year. Some other shit.

Am I weird to think video games or electronics are strange for an adult to receive? Just buy it if you want it

Am I weird to think video games or electronics are strange for an adult to receive? Just buy it if you want it

I'm kind of with you on video games, but not really on electronics... Something like over-the-ear headphones or a tablet (if you've already got other internet devices) are definitely a luxury and I feel like a nice gift thing, where you're theoretically buying something for the person that you think they'll like and enjoy as opposed to something they just need... :noidea:

I feel the opposite way about electronics, and the same way about clothes for men. I don't like receiving random clothes that I haven't picked out or even tried on.

I feel the opposite way about electronics, and the same way about clothes for men. I don't like receiving random clothes that I haven't picked out or even tried on.
Yeah, a hoodie or ties are fine but anything else I'd want to pick out.

I think I'm too anal with electronics and would be disappointed when I get the 16 gig instead of 32 or whatever.

I'm probably just poor and can't comprehend a surprise gift bigger than the Bucs tickets I got when I was like 12

Returning electronics gives me an excuse to go to best buy though, and I like that. JC Penny or Kohls, not so much.

It seems Christmas budgets are a lot higher for many on this thread than I'm used to, but I consciously stop buying things I want for a couple months before Christmas, so I can have something for my wish list. Electronics are mostly out of the present budget but if I wanted a tablet/new phone/crockpot and thought it was reasonable for the list, I'd ask for it (very specifically).

delirium-tremens-beer-21351153.jpg

654149-55d6bf39dffb1aaeba36cc2e2855c4e7.JPG

GoPro 4
Tag watch
Patagonia vest
Barnes and Noble gift card

Back