• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post your loot

870d26ed3cce43cccee6b083edfc193d.jpg

That same thing is hanging in my parents den.

Bluetooth Speaker
Nautica sunglasses
Engraved Cross Pen/Pencil set
Some Panthers gear
Amazon Echo (That bitch Alexa doesn't understand questions about sports)
Panthers foldable/collapsable game table
Shirts and PJs
Some sort of 3D Drawing Pen thing
and this badass Lenovo Ideapad Convertible Laptop/Tablet....its pretty awesome
and $1000 cash

No joke. I got a 0 less than that and I was pretty happy about it.

41q3GbizvdL.jpg

Here's one source. I've seen them on a couple other sites as well. It's "Wake Forest Heritage Banner." Also, I bought the banner last year but it wasn't framed so you could go that route if you want a custom colored frame and/or mat.

Fitbit, Yeti tall mug, some local roast coffee, some Jefferson's reserve small batch bourbon and bourbon glasses.

I got many great gifts this Christmas but I had two amazing sentimental gifts, that about brought me to tears (I don't cry).

Gift 1: Pocket Knife
When I was about 6, I gave my Grandfather a pocket knife. My sister also gave him one that year. What I didn't know until yesterday was that he always carried both of them everyday because he didn't want to seem to be picking favorites. On December 22 of last year he fell and was admitted to the hospital. Last Christmas was spent in the hospital with him. He would pass away in late February.

My parents framed the knife I gave my late grandfather in a shadow box and gave it to me. This has found its home on my bookcase.

Gift 2: Christmas tree
Growing up my grandmother had one of those 1970s ceramic Christmas trees. I loved that thing. So did my sister and cousins. When she passed away 2 days before skip, we couldn't find the tree.

My parents have spent many hours this month traveling out of town to paint and a glaze ceramic for me and my sister. I was so excited tonight to put that memory of my grandmother in my bedroom.

Last edited:
By far the coolest gift I've ever received. An underwater drone, specifically, the OpenROV 2.8. Aerial drones have never interested me because there isn't much you can see from the air that you haven't seen before. Under the water though, that is a different story. The company has a pre-built ROV coming out in mid-2017 but I wanted the challenge of building the 2.8 version myself. I'll probably post a build log as I put it together over the next few weeks.

http://www.openrov.com/products/openrov28/

I got a pizza stone, pizza cutter, some kitchen knives, a blender, a ceramic bowl my nieces made, and a gift card to Lowe's that I'll use to finance some small projects I'm going to do in the finished room in my basement.

A framed pic of me and my parents after a bike race from this year, some burts bees items, a cool Territory Run Co. t-shirt, a dopp bag, a couple restaurant gift cards, and a little $ to help cover my flight to NC this week to see family.

I was pretty stoked to give some framed pics to PM from his racing, as well as one of him and the kids from a hike we did. Also got him a synthetic down vest, some socks he thought were no longer made but I found them (just under a different name), and a chalkboard. Got the kiddos some books (The Book With No Pictures has been a big hit), a kid-sized apron (his littlest loves to help in the kitchen), and some juggling balls (oldest has good hand-eye coordination).
Get to gift some more fun things later this week when I see my family - got the niece a balance bike and I can't wait to see her check it out!!

would love to know where to get something like this.

(meaning the Wake Forest logo plaque, not sure how to post the picture)

My daughter got a balance bike at about 3 and caught on quickly. Right Push glide left push glide. She was keeping up pretty well on longish big rides fairly quickly. When she moved to a pedal bike she had no trouble climbing on and riding right away.

Back