• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Postseason (season over) basketball thread

dinos might have been the worst defensive player i can remember who played meaningful minutes, but part of that is bc i think he was a bit miscast as a 4 on defense. granted he wasn't very good guarding on the inside either. i think we'd be better with devin playing the 4 and dinos at the 5, but rebounding might have suffered a bit too much.

the one thing i never got was we seemed to play them together whenever possible whereas i would have done the opposite to get both playing their best defensive position (the 5) as much as possible.

Agree but Devin would have been abused too. Buzz played us well with matchup problems. When he went small and doubled Devin we didn't have enough of an answer from outside. And we were better there than usual. We just aren't good. Neither DT nor Dinos could keep up with their men on defense. Not much Manning could do.

i only saw the very end of the vt game, but devin has typically been pretty solid at guarding smaller guys on the perimeter on hedges / switches

Back