• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predicted player attrition for 2016

CreamyGoodness

Thanks Creamy!
Reaction score
I figured this is thread worthy. While no one wants to insult a current athlete, it seems reasonable to think we'll lose a couple of guys other than our graduates, to open up a couple spots for 2017 recruiting.

I'm thinking we lose 2 of these 5 guys: Rondale, Mitch, Greg, Dinos, Hudson
My early guess is that Greg and Crab move on. I don't see Mitch or Dinos leaving, but you never know, Rondale is definitely a wildcard given his increased playing time this season.

Any thoughts, scoop, or legitimate locker room talk?

I certainly hope that both Collins and Moore are sold on staying here, especially Collins. Given his production over a very small amount of playing time, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't satisfied with the position he's in.

I certainly hope that both Collins and Moore are sold on staying here, especially Collins. Given his production over a very small amount of playing time, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't satisfied with the position he's in.

Agreed on both, and that scares me. Hopefully the coaches have been doing their job by staying in our Freshmen's ears and assuring all 3 that next year it is THEIR team entirely.

Isn't McClinton pretty much stuck since he already took a redshirt ? Or does he get to keep eligibility since it was medical ? Was it actually 100% medical ? Also, transferring means someone else wants you on their team.

Yup outside of the 3 freshmen, every other player is pretty easily replaceable. You could argue about Dinos because we may lack some front court depth next year. Honestly I hope everyone returns but Manning really needs to get better at managing his substitutions. He made way too many subs last night-it's impossible for lineups to gain any rhyhtm when changes are occurring at nearly every dead ball.

Isn't McClinton pretty much stuck since he already took a redshirt ? Or does he get to keep eligibility since it was medical ? Was it actually 100% medical ? Also, transferring means someone else wants you on their team.

Not positive but I think he could still transfer. If so, he could be a solid contributor on WSSU, UNCG, possibly NC A&T. I'm sure Danny has a friend in the Triad who would be willing to take Greg off our hands. By all accounts Greg seems like a good dude, we just need to continue building this roster and open up a scholly or 2 in 2017.

The smart move for McClinton would be to play one more year, graduate and play immediately at his next stop. Like Rountree, Green and Cam Stan.

McClinton should be able to graduate after next year (since he would have had 4 years of classes) and then use his final year of eligibility at a graduate program somewhere. This seems to be the most likely scenario. If he's not satisfied with his potential limited role next year he could also leave after this year, sit out next year and then have 2 years left.

I thought Dinos almost left after last year because essentially has a standing offer to play for money in Greece. Perhaps that is wrong, but if true, I just assumed that he would go back to Greece after the season.

Collins is going to get max minutes next year, and has star potential. Wouldn't make sense for him to leave. Have some concerns about Moore given his sporadic minutes, but would think it would be easy to convince him that he will be a major factor next year (particularly if Dinos leaves).

Yup outside of the 3 freshmen, every other player is pretty easily replaceable. You could argue about Dinos because we may lack some front court depth next year. Honestly I hope everyone returns but Manning really needs to get better at managing his substitutions. He made way too many subs last night-it's impossible for lineups to gain any rhyhtm when changes are occurring at nearly every dead ball.

I would much prefer to not have to completely skip the 2017 recruiting class in order to keep this roster intact. To go 2-16 (sure hope we beat BC) in conference would be a good sign that this program can't afford to just take a year off of recruiting.

2-16!

Never would have thunk it when we were 1-2. Especially when we thought that we had a good UVA team beaten at home. :(

Why? We are extremely talent deficient. Having no scholarships for 2017 is the worst possible scenario for our program.

Obviously it depends on who leaves. Losing Cavanaugh hurt the team - he's averaging 16 pts, 7.5 rebs and shooting 51%, 39% from 3, 85% from the line. Losing Chase Fisher hurt - he's averaging over 18 ppg. Losing Moto hurt - he's averaging 14 pts and 8 rbs. George Washington and BYU are better than Wake, and Towson is similar.

Crawford, Collins, Moore locks to come back. Dinos has 20% of our rebounds if you take out DT's, so we need him back. I'd be surprised if there's all that much money waiting for him in Greece right now, but who knows.

Hudson has been disappointing this year but lately is showing signs. I'd put him by himself one tier down.

Everyone else - Watson, McClinton, Wilbekin - pretty sure you could break even or maybe upgrade those guys with a grad-transfer. Ideally we need 2 spots for the 2017 class at least.

Obviously it depends on who leaves. Losing Cavanaugh hurt the team - he's averaging 16 pts, 7.5 rebs and shooting 51%, 39% from 3, 85% from the line. Losing Chase Fisher hurt - he's averaging over 18 ppg. Losing Moto hurt - he's averaging 14 pts and 8 rbs. George Washington and BYU are better than Wake, and Towson is similar.

It hurt this team because they are better than the players on the team currently. Who on the team currently are we afraid to lose because they will be averaging 18ppg next year?

Regardless of how it shakes out, the loss of Skeen for 2016-17 will certainly be felt.

It hurt this team because they are better than the players on the team currently. Who on the team currently are we afraid to lose because they will be averaging 18ppg next year?

Yes, but this same argument was made in previous years - that it wouldn't hurt for some to transfer because we were lacking in talent - but it did hurt because key players transferred. Off the current team I think every scholarship player has shown some potential, so I really wouldn't want to lose any of them. Certainly some would hurt more than others, as I definitely don't want to lose the freshmen or Dinos.

Back