• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predicted player attrition for 2016

This isn't what people want to hear, but based on recent history, you can all but guarantee that one of the three freshman will leave. I'm not saying that any of them will leave after this season, but when was the last time we had a recruiting class without at least one transfer?

A little research says the last non-transfer class was Teague/Johnson/Clark in 07-08, though of course two of them left for the NBA after two years. So technically, the 2004 class of one Cameron Stanley was the last time we had a class without transfers.

While you are correct that transfers are a big part of college basketball today, most transfers wouldn't come from a class that is going to be the base of a team for the next three years. I don't think any of them are going anywhere. Crawford is already our best guard by far, and Collins and Moore will see a significant increase in PT next year.

We're going to be good again.... just have to work through the stench of NR for these last few games and then we should be free and clear of it. :thumbsup:

http://www.thehoopscolumn.com/2014/09/03/the-childress-effect-a-wake-forest-lineage/

I was just looking at our 2016 commits and came across this again. I remember seeing this when he committed and being baffled. He went 9-10 from three in the first half of an elite camp scrimmage at Wake Forest. I encourage you to watch the video, he has a killer instinct just like (if not better than) we see in Bryant Crawford. Fearless.

While you are correct that transfers are a big part of college basketball today, most transfers wouldn't come from a class that is going to be the base of a team for the next three years. I don't think any of them are going anywhere. Crawford is already our best guard by far, and Collins and Moore will see a significant increase in PT next year.

You could've made the exact same argument about the Aminu/Woods/Walker class and look how they ended up.

In the abstract discussion of player attrition, the odds favor at least one player from a three-person class transferring out.

Woods and Walker were kicked out of school and Aminu was a lottery pick. Completely different scenarios. I agree that it's more likely than not that one of them transfers at some point, but think it's far from "guaranteed." Certainly hope they all stay here 4 years.

I'm just glad that CMM waste of 94 feet and a scholarship is playing on borrowed time.

And don't you even think about giving me the KanhojiAngre treatment.

Woods and Walker were kicked out of school and Aminu was a lottery pick. Completely different scenarios. I agree that it's more likely than not that one of them transfers at some point, but think it's far from "guaranteed." Certainly hope they all stay here 4 years.

Walker was kicked out after his senior day. Pretty weak.

Chase Fischer would have already graduated if he didn't transfer. Plus he has shot 205 3s this year hitting at a lower percentage than Crawford is during his freshman year or much lower than Woods shot last year during his freshman year. Wake currently sucks, but it would not be any better if we kept Fischer to shoot 250 3s.

If Crawford & Woods are the starting guards next season, it has the potential to be one of the best shooting guard combos Wake has had in quite sometime.

Yes, but we've been really, really awful for years. So that bar is very low.

Why would we even consider that any of our #foundation would transfer?

What if they had a pact to stay together and turn the program around? Then what?

Back