• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predictions: Duke @ Wake

Kelly has always killed us. I don't expect Dook to have any more let downs, but I do expect us to play at our ACC home court level vs our road level. Dook by 14, but they will be up by 24. Could be much more interesting if Devin can play whichever Plumlee is decent even. No idea what to expect after watching teh last two games. Correction, after watching 1.5 of the last two games. I did not subject myself to the second half of that garbage in Atlanta.

Pourdeac on why we lost the GT game:
Barely older than us? Here are the players getting more than 10 minutes a game for Ga Tech: 1 sr, 4 jrs, 1 so, 3 fr. That's 6 non-Fresh and 3 freshman. For Wake: 1 sr, 1 jr, 1 so, and 6 freshman. That's 3 non-freshman and 6 freshman. Essentially take 3 of our freshman and make them juniors with a bunch more experience and you get Ga Tech. I sure wish we had 3 of our freshmen as juniors right now.

Tech is almost as young as us. They're the 289th oldest team in the country and are only ahead of us by .4 of a year as a team average (so roughly half a season). What he said is just patently false. A junior who plays 10 minutes a game doesn't have the same impact as that freshman the same team has who plays 30 minutes a game. Statement is false.

Duke 79 Wake 64. We will play well being at home and coming off the GT debacle. Even though Duke has had a game since taking their debacle to South Beach, I think they will still be very focused.

Wake by one. Wellman gloats. He has always been an ass since I played at wake. Never understood why everyone was high on him.

I predict the board will crash at around tipoff, and I will have nowhere to go to voice my displeasure of Wellman and Buzz.

I think we lose by 10 or so. But it's total guess work. Our freshmen are the true wild card. I expect Duke to try to shut down CJ and Travis. Who steps up?

I think we lose by 10 or so. But it's total guess work. Our freshmen are the true wild card. I expect Duke to try to shut down CJ and Travis. Who steps up?

Well, in the last game CJ had 19 and Travis had 22, both on 11 shots.

Well, in the last game CJ had 19 and Travis had 22, both on 11 shots.

Hence, my take on it. Duke knows CJ, Travis and Devin are the guys to focus on. We'll see what they throw at us.

I kind of suspect Duke and Coach K had been paying enough attention before that game to know that CJ and Travis usually account for the majority of our offense.

Duke is so overrated. They play no games on the road before January. Plumlee has gone from a Wooden award guy to a 2nd team all acc caliber guy when the real play begins. Curry has to be guarded. Quin Cook and Thornton are pedestrian at best. the freshmen are the ones I worry about. that is IF Devin stays out of foul trouble.

Ratface will be fired up but I think we have more talent than most on this board give us credit for..... We will win this game. Our guys will be ready to play. Duke cannot keep CMM and CJ out of the lane.

This will be a humorous post to look back on when Duke is in the Elite 8 or better at the end of the year. Kelly is a big loss for them right now, but when he is back on the court they are a VERY VERY good team. Typical Duke style, they look like they shouldn't be that good, but then when you watch them play you realize they just really are that good. It is really annoying.

Keep the Harley away from the Duke bench. Don't piss off K, so he'll keep his boot off the Deacon's neck late in the game so the score looks closer than the actual game.

I hope the Wake students will show again tonight. The team really needs their support! Is the Bowl Lady performing at half-time?

I don't think she has demeaned herself to perform at our basketball games under [Redacted]. We haven't even had Amazing Whatshisface.

Back