• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Practice Reports

Chubb and Marquel are effectively middle linebackers, with Hunter Williams on the outside/dropping back if necessary.

It's hard to tell from our vantage point, but the defensive tackles are lined up staggered I believe on different snaps.

Most of the time the ends blitz/normal pass rush. It will be interesting to see if they drop back more as the practices go on.

Thanks Ph. We appear to have a handfull of tweeners in the 240-250lb. range. Wouldn't surprise if most were DE's or combo DE's/LB's in that 4-2-4-rover set-up.

27-

Chubb and Marquel are effectively middle linebackers, with Hunter Williams on the outside/dropping back if necessary.

Chubb and Clawson made it sound like the 2 LB's have different roles on run/pass plays/formations by the opposition. Chubb sounded like he liked the plans.

It appears to be a read and react defense. All I know is that Zach Allen is making plays all over the field so far at DE. Love what I have seen from him so far.

I get that the 5 in the 4-2-5 is a tweener that will be determined by down and distance. In running situations, we are more likely to see Hunter Williams and in passing situations, someone like Thomas Brown. Does that sound about right?

What I don't have a grasp up is the DE on the other side. Is that a "Rush End" position? If so, is it a more natural position for some of these converted LB's? Why for instance, wouldn't we put Floyd on one side and Ziggy on the other? The impression I am getting is that Floyd and Ziggy are competing for PT at the same position. . .

I think Sig explained it once, but I forgot. . .

I get that the 5 in the 4-2-5 is a tweener that will be determined by down and distance. In running situations, we are more likely to see Hunter Williams and in passing situations, someone like Thomas Brown. Does that sound about right?

What I don't have a grasp up is the DE on the other side. Is that a "Rush End" position? If so, is it a more natural position for some of these converted LB's? Why for instance, wouldn't we put Floyd on one side and Ziggy on the other? The impression I am getting is that Floyd and Ziggy are competing for PT at the same position. . .

I think Sig explained it once, but I forgot. . .

Are they flipping the DEs? Strongside/Weakside? Or does the rush end (Ziggy) line up on the blind side of the QB? Duke runs a simular front vs Texas A&M. ESPNU has been running it this past week.

Good to hear that Matt James is having a good preseason. We need a tall, physical possession receiver that can create matchup problems against smaller corners.

If it is true that Dez is emerging at RB I think it will help our return game. We can be more risky (in terms of injury) with Orville. We can have him in Kick returns and work in punt returns being that he is not our "save all running back". I always thought Orville could benefit us first in foremost in the return game and whatever else he gives us is a bonus.

The Bloggersodear article says that there is a scrimmage on Sunday. Does anyone know what time?

The Bloggersodear article says that there is a scrimmage on Sunday. Does anyone know what time?

Not sure yet, but I believe this one will be open. I should get a release from the communications department in the next few days and I'll let everyone know.

Garcia looks like a tight end in that picture. 6'4/245

How was he going to stop the run?

Garcia came into camp weighing 275lbs, he played a lot bigger then he was in the run game. The D-line won't have a problem stopping the run; the interior d-line across the board is the heaviest it's been in a few years...Harris 280lbs, Banks 270, Rodney 300lbs, Lewison 265lbs, and Yarbury 280lbs

Back