• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Practice Reports

LOL. Obviously misread that post.

Offense is too early to tell for the most part. Same stuff as last year working a lot on zone read and motion from receivers.

We do seem to be using tight ends a lot more, which is a good idea imo given how Serigne and Gordon have looked.

I also think we are assessing QB play and catering play calls to what their strengths and weaknesses are. The type of offense we run will be based around the personnel, unlike the past few years where we tried to jam a square peg into a round hole

I'll be out there tomorrow with Cumberland. Anything in particular y'all want us to watch for? We will do our best.

Could you give the two freshman RB's a good look? I'm assuming we're gonna need at least one of them this year.

As someone who is far from a morning person, I definitely appreciate what Clawson is doing to get the players up and ready to go at 6 am.

Robinson is definitely ahead of Henderson on the "chart". He had a couple of good runs. Could see him in the RZ a bit.

I will add that I'm not sure if deacsfan27 and I will be able to cover practices next week. We're able to cover them now because practices are done before we have to go to work, but I think practices may start at 9 next week. I should get a schedule in the next few days.

I will add that I'm not sure if deacsfan27 and I will be able to cover practices next week. We're able to cover them now because practices are done before we have to go to work, but I think practices may start at 9 next week. I should get a schedule in the next few days.

I'm afraid that is unacceptable. Call into work and claim morning sickness. We expect nothing less. ;)

wait you guys have real jobs?

Not sure if trolling or serious haha, but yes, Blogger So Dear is not what pays our bills. We get some supplemental income if we have good months, but we operate in the real world like you guys.

The current starting OL has 1 senior (Ford), 3 sophs (Smith, Helms and Harris) and 1 junior (Intemann). All but Smith have starting experience, and all are 6-4+ and 290+. While not a strength yet, if WF can keep this group together, the OL could develop nicely over the next two seasons. Will Smith (the LG) has an interesting background. He was a basketball player who did not play football until his Junior year in HS. He has a good frame 6-5 290, and must be athletic.

No update on the QBs?

Not much new to report. Wolford again was the first to get reps with the 1st team offense when they went to 7 on 7/11 on 11 portions of practice. He made some decent passes, but also had some questionable ones. Not like into triple coverage, but he just missed the throw. Cameron has been more under control the past three days than he has been. Sunday's scrimmage should tell us a lot about the QB race. I also wouldn't shocked to see Sousa change positions again. But that last part is just speculation, as he is still taking some reps at QB.

Blogger So Dear has now become my first choice to read about Wake Forest sports. I have other choices, which I also read, but Blogger is my first choice.

Nice guys.

Thanks.

No update on the QBs?

Same old. It's a two horse race between Cameron and Wilford. Cameron looked good today. They are splitting the reps evenly for the most part.

Wilford usually goes first in the drills, but not sure if that means anything at this juncture.

Sousa took limited snaps and Smith took none with 11v11/Skeleton drills.

Sorry for the double post on Cumberland---had it started but got side tracked before I pressed send.

Back