• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President Trump is building a new Republican Party

Sorry BKF, I don't believe that everyone in the rust belt turned against uppity black folks like you did.

I don't know why Republicans are thinking these labor votes in the rust belt are lost forever to the Democratic party after 1 election, when you all have said it yourselves that most of them voted for Obama twice. These aren't Alabama Confederate flag waving Republicans.

Who said the votes were lost forever? You and others here still do not get it. Shit, guys like WakeNBake won't even bother read the article. Trump destroyed the Republican party. He blew it up. And then he ripped through what the Democratic party had become as well. And that was even more impressive given he had to defeat one candidate with a war chest of money that vastly outstripped his. Even with massive disapproval ratings he won. There are very clear messages in what he managed to accomplish. It isn't business as usual for either party going forward if the guy has any sort of success.

Who said the votes were lost forever? You and others here still do not get it. Shit, guys like WakeNBake won't even bother read the article. Trump destroyed the Republican party. He blew it up. And then he ripped through what the Democratic party had become as well. And that was even more impressive given he had to defeat one candidate with a war chest of money that vastly outstripped his. Even with massive disapproval ratings he won. There are very clear messages in what he managed to accomplish. It isn't business as usual for either party going forward if the guy has any sort of success.

This guy gets it.

No one is buying this bullshit revisionism of the election that Trump is some ascendent 3rd party candidate. There are a lot of establishment Republican politicians who don't like him and didn't support him. That is unimportant. The party nominated him and Republicans voted for him. Something like 95% of registered Republicans voted for Trump.

Ok, I read it.

Bunch of suckers, all of you. Trump is a showman, a huckster. He has a meeting with union leaders and you suckers are jacking off. He will do nothing for the working class except play them like fiddles, then blame the media and dems when nothing good happens to them.

Jhmd prattling about fear is laughable. The king of the fear brigade. Why would I be scared of republicans becoming democrats by supporting unions and creating an environment for wages to rise and inner city families to gain employment? It's what I want dipshit, as long as they don't take a shit on the environment and take away people's civil liberties.

Trump is the human embodiment of a Republican facebook feed. He's a Fox News Frankenstein's monster.

Last edited:
You can't use Trump as an indicator of anything. First of all, how many non-political people have a nearly 100% name recognition? How many others have had a 30+ year career in the public eye? Or can get over $1B in free press/advertising?

This guy gets it.

Exactly....and that's what Peggy Noonan's article was talking about. For some reason, though, many posters here can't seem to get that thru their thick heads.

Democrats thought that Trump and what few people whom they thought would vote for him were jokes. They didn't just think that Hillary was going to win. They thought it was going to be a blowout of epic proportions. They didn't give a flying fuck about the plight of everyday working Americans who had been getting crapped on by both parties for a long time. They were too busy worrying about Muslim immigrants from countries who were on record as hating America and calling for it to be destroyed....and where 0.2% of the people were going to the bathroom.

Every liberal poster on these boards showed that they had no idea what regular Americans were thinking with their ridiculously arrogant approach to this election. More importantly, their posts in the last 10 weeks show that they still have no idea why they lost an election that was supposed to be a slam dunk. They keep talking about the popular vote as if that indicated what Americans thought. Well, American public opinion is more than running up a 4.3 million vote margin in California and getting 95% of the black vote in major urban cities....and that's all their popular vote was. The rest of America was totally fed up with them...and for good reason.

I had several people who had known me for a long time make the statement that they knew the Democrats were in trouble when they heard that I had turned against them and was voting for not only Trump, but the GOP down the line. They said that they never thought they would live to see that day. Finally, though, the Democrats just went too far....and, evidently, there were millions of other people who felt the same way that I did.

You mean white people "get it". Trump also lost Hispanics 2/1.

Too many posters here are completely unable to think out of the box. They see Trump as too unintelligent to be of consequence. He may or may not be as smart as these board posters but he plays by different rules and he is succeeding beyond any reasonable expectation.

Having book smarts is nice and is beneficial when everyone plays by the book. Being able to think independently and analyze objectively is much more valuable at this point in time.

No one is buying this bullshit revisionism of the election that Trump is some ascendent 3rd party candidate. There are a lot of establishment Republican politicians who don't like him and didn't support him. That is unimportant. The party nominated him and Republicans voted for him. Something like 95% of registered Republicans voted for Trump.

Tell us again about the 2016 election, said no one ever to the people who believed the polls that said their candidate would win 300 EVs (fact check: she didn't).

hey jh we've got a president who's doing just a swell job trolling us without your help thanks

Ok, I read it.

Bunch of suckers, all of you. Trump is a showman, a huckster. He has a meeting with union leaders and you suckers are jacking off. He will do nothing for the working class except play them like fiddles, then blame the media and dems when nothing good happens to them.

Jhmd prattling about fear is laughable. The king of the fear brigade. Why would I be scared of republicans becoming democrats by supporting unions and creating an environment for wages to rise and inner city families to gain employment? It's what I want dipshit, as long as they don't take a shit on the environment and take away people's civil liberties.

You want Trump to disprove your liberal wetdreams about as much as I want Miami to win this game. Watching you guys flail in a post-repudiation environment is genuinely pitiable. Thoughts and prayers.

Too many posters here are completely unable to think out of the box. They see Trump as too unintelligent to be of consequence. He may or may not be as smart as these board posters but he plays by different rules and he is succeeding beyond any reasonable expectation.

Having book smarts is nice and is beneficial when everyone plays by the book. Being able to think independently and analyze objectively is much more valuable at this point in time.

Succeeding at what, exactly?

You want Trump to disprove your liberal wetdreams about as much as I want Miami to win this game. Watching you guys flail in a post-repudiation environment is genuinely pitiable. Thoughts and prayers.

I want what that sucker BKF thinks trump is going to deliver- good wages and a fertile environment for job creation. You said I was scared he might do that. You can't troll me counselor, you are floundering in your made up middle ground Captain Conservative.

Yep, and still did better with them than Romney - which is mind blowing given the fact he's about to build a friggin' wall.

You think it's mind blowing that Hillary didn't do as well with Hispanics as Obama?

You think it's mind blowing that Hillary didn't do as well with Hispanics as Obama?

She was an awful candidate that the media tried to prop up. Fortunately, people stopped listening to the media's pleas when it comes to Democrats. That development, and the Cubs finally winning, were long-expected, both overdue.

Back